* porting C-coding software from Linux to Windows via GCC compiler
@ 2020-09-10  3:03 Dingjun Chen
From: Dingjun Chen @ 2020-09-10  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi, Dear Sir or Madam,

I am trying to port a C-coding application software: Scotch graph partitioning ( https://gforge.inria.fr/projects/scotch/ ) from Linux to Windows.
Scotch is a graph partitioning software and it is only built and run on Linux platform. I can apply GCC compiler to it and successfully build Scotch. But on windows platform,
I fail to compile and build Scotch software with the GCC compiler.

Could you tell me what differences are there with GCC compiler between Windows and Linux? What do I need to do so that the C-coding Scotch can be successfully built on Windows?

By the way on windows I also write a Makefile and use the 'NMAKE' to build it. Of course, the compiler GCC  is specified in the Makefile.

I look forward to your reply and your response will be highly appreciated.

Have a good day,

Best regards,

Dingjun

* Re: porting C-coding software from Linux to Windows via GCC compiler
@ 2020-09-10  3:12 ` Dan Kegel
From: Dan Kegel @ 2020-09-10  3:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dingjun Chen; +Cc: gcc-help

Incidentally, it looks like someone has ported Scotch to CMake, see
https://github.com/OpenCMISS-Dependencies/scotch
and the port includes Windows support.  Might be worth having a look.
- Dan