* How target.md file with target.c/.cc file invoke assembly instructions
@ 2022-05-10 10:50 RICHU NORMAN
From: RICHU NORMAN @ 2022-05-10 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,
I am new in gcc development and I am focusing on cross-compilers.I have
added a few instructions for the target machine and invoked it using asm()
from c program.Now I want to add those instructions to gcc and define that
instruction in target.md file.I have a few queries regarding the working of
gcc.
1. Do *target.md* files along with* target.cc/.c <http://target.cc/.c> *files
help to invoke assembly instructions automatically?
2.What is the input for this ?(.Gimple or .cfg files)
3.How does it work internally?
4.I have defined an instruction in target.md alone.But that does not
work.How to make it work?
5.Which file to be examined in rtl-dump of object file for getting the
input and output to this stage in gcc?

--
Thanks & Regards
Richu Norman

* Re: How target.md file with target.c/.cc file invoke assembly instructions
@ 2022-05-10 10:57 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2022-05-10 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: RICHU NORMAN; +Cc: gcc-help

On Tue, 10 May 2022 at 11:51, RICHU NORMAN wrote:

> Hi,
> I am new in gcc development and I am focusing on cross-compilers.I have
> added a few instructions for the target machine and invoked it using asm()
> from c program.Now I want to add those instructions to gcc and define that
> instruction in target.md file.I have a few queries regarding the working of
> gcc.
> 1. Do *target.md* files along with* target.cc/.c <http://target.cc/.c> *files
> help to invoke assembly instructions automatically?
> 2.What is the input for this ?(.Gimple or .cfg files)
> 3.How does it work internally?
> 4.I have defined an instruction in target.md alone.But that does not
> work.How to make it work?
> 5.Which file to be examined in rtl-dump of object file for getting the
> input and output to this stage in gcc?

This is the wrong mailing list for questions about GCC development:

https://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html

* Re: How target.md file with target.c/.cc file invoke assembly instructions
@ 2022-05-10 13:24   ` RICHU NORMAN
From: RICHU NORMAN @ 2022-05-10 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Wakely; +Cc: gcc-help

Thanks, I'll check it out.