* shared libraries + lto ?
@ 2014-08-01  9:09 Alain Meunier
From: Alain Meunier @ 2014-08-01  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

I would like to know if one can use lto with shared libraries and leverage all the goodness of both worlds ?

My tests show that it works but not sure if lto brang something or not in the game.

gcc -O3 -shared -fPIC my_shared.c -o libmy_shared.so -lto

and linking

gcc -O3 my_app.c -o my_binary -lmy_shared -lto

I would like to keep the ability to have shared libraries. Will gcc make something out of it ?

Thanks