* GCC installation help
@ 2001-11-05 12:36 Manjula Iyer
From: Manjula Iyer @ 2001-11-05 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi...
I am trying to install the GNU GCC compiler version 3.0.2.
I have cygwin installed and a previous installation of GCC
(version 2.9.5). I downloaded the source from CVS into a
directory called gcc in the root directory of cygwin. After
which I gave the command ./configure. That worked fine
without any errors. On the ./bootstrap command, I get the
following error:

Bootstrapping the compiler
make[1]: Entering directory `/gcc/gcc'
make CC="gcc" libdir=/usr/local/lib LANGUAGES="c " \
        CFLAGS="-g " MAKEINFO="/gcc/missing makeinfo " \
        MAKEINFOFLAGS=""
make[2]: Entering directory `/gcc/gcc'
gcc  -DIN_GCC    -g  -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prot
otypes -Wtraditional -pedantic -Wno-long-long
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGENERATOR_FILE
 -o gengenrtl.exe \
 gengenrtl.o ` case "obstack.o" in ?*) echo obstack.o ;;
esac ` ` case "" in ?*)
 echo  ;; esac ` ` case "" in ?*) echo  ;; esac ` ` case ""
in ?*) echo  ;; esac
 `
obstack.o: In function `print_and_abort':
/gcc/gcc/obstack.c:467: undefined reference to
`_imp__gettext'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [gengenrtl.exe] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/gcc/gcc'
make[1]: *** [stage1_build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/gcc/gcc'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

I have the gettext utility installed as well.
Can someone help me out by replying to this email address
with some suggestions?

Thanks
Manjula

* GCC installation help
@ 2002-03-14 18:49 Ravi Kishore
From: Ravi Kishore @ 2002-03-14 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi...

I am trying to install the GNU GCC compiler version 3.0.2.
I have a previous installation of GCC (version 2.8.1). I downloaded the
source and while configuring set the prefix path to ../gcc (not default)
. After which I gave the command ./configure. That worked fine
without any errors. On the ./bootstrap command, I got the
following error:

I got lot of warnings while compiling that says that trying to compare
unsigned with signed ..???

and another similar warning message looked like this

"
/d05/gcc-3.0/gcc/config/sparc/sparc.c:8060: warning: integer constant is
unsigned in ANSI C, signed with -traditional
"

and there are lots of these warning messagess ..!!

and finally the compilation ended with this message..

gcc  -DIN_GCC -DSVR4   -g -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -o cc1 \
        c-parse.o c-lang.o c-errors.o c-lex.o c-pragma.o c-decl.o
c-typeck.o  c-convert.o c-aux-info.o c-common.o c-format.o c-semantics.o
c-dump.o  libcpp.a  toplev.o libbackend.a obstack.o alloca.o
../libiberty/libiberty.a
gcc: ../libiberty/libiberty.a: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `cc1'
Current working directory /d05/gcc-3.0.obj/gcc
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `stage1_build'
Current working directory /d05/gcc-3.0.obj/gcc
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `bootstrap'

Could anybody help me out of this situation ..
and yeah i am trying to install this on sparc-sun-solaris2.6

thanks in advance ,
ravi

* gcc installation help
@ 2003-09-05 17:40 Tommy Young
From: Tommy Young @ 2003-09-05 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

   What is meant by putting cc or gcc in your path when installing on a
native system?  I get an error dealing with this when I try to
configure, but how can I put cc or gcc in my path when it hasn't been
built yet?  Don't quite understand.  Any help would be greatly
appreciate.  Thanks.

Tom Young

* gcc installation help
@ 2005-06-03  9:32 Arindam Sen
From: Arindam Sen @ 2005-06-03  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi

I have a Solaris 9 installation on intel and have extracted
gcc-3.4.2.tar.gz.When I am trying to configure I get the following error
message.

sun# ../configure
checking host system type... i386-pc-solaris2.9
checking target system type... i386-pc-solaris2.9
checking build system type... i386-pc-solaris2.9
checking for a BSD compatible install... ../install-sh -c
../configure: cc: not found
*** The command 'cc -o conftest -g   conftest.c' failed.
*** You must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler.
sun#

Could you pls help

Regards
Arindam