* Preprocessor
@ 2001-03-11 14:52 Jean-Pierre Schwickerath
From: Jean-Pierre Schwickerath @ 2001-03-11 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC-List

Hello,

I solved my problem with the re_max_failures by compiling a static version of
gcc 2.95.0 without libstdc++ and used it to compile a shared version of the
recent snapshot.
But I have a few packages who complain that the following construction is not
valid.
printf("%*s",
#ifdef ARGUMENT
	16,
#else
	8,
#endif
	"");

However if the guys wrote it this way(for example in the gnu binutils) then
it's because it was valid.
Is there a change in the pre 3.0 version of gcc that makes this stuctor illegal
now?
Or is there just on of my packages that is not up-to-date and everything's all
right with the preprocessor?

Jean-Pierre

--
Jean-Pierre Schwickerath - Powered by GNU/LinuX!
E-Mail: email@schwicky.net - http://schwicky.net

Nothing's impossible... Everything is relative!

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-03-11 14:52 UTC | newest]