* RE: Installation problem with gcc 2.95
@ 2001-03-14  9:10 David Korn
From: David Korn @ 2001-03-14  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Pipin, Janusz', 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'

  Unfortunately you trimmed your output too soon, and haven't shown the
actual error.  Something went wrong during the compilation of indstream.cc
but all you've shown us is the make process noticing that it went wrong
and aborting.  We need a bit more context!

  However I'll take a quick guess, because this looks like a FAQ: you are
trying to build gcc 2.95.2 on a system that has glibc 2.2 installed, and
the error message you are getting is something like

 struct streampos used where a 'int' was expected

and you this is because glibc 2.2 is not quite backwardly compatible with
gcc 2.95.2; you will need to get the patch referred to here:

http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#*-*-linux-gnu

and apply it to the gcc / libio sources.

       DaveK
--
 All your base are belong to us!

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

* RE: Installation problem with gcc 2.95
@ 2001-03-15  7:31 ` Jean-Pierre Schwickerath
From: Jean-Pierre Schwickerath @ 2001-03-15  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC-List

I'm wondering what's going on between gcc and the glibc
'cause you need a patch to compile gcc 2.95 with glibc 2.2. and glibc 2.2
doesn't compile with the gcc 3 pre snapshots...
I think there is some synchonizeing to be done in the next time....

Jean-Pierre

--
Jean-Pierre Schwickerath - Powered by GNU/LinuX!
E-Mail: email@schwicky.net - http://schwicky.net

Nothing's impossible... Everything is relative!

* Installation problem with gcc 2.95
@ 2001-03-14  8:11 Pipin, Janusz
From: Pipin, Janusz @ 2001-03-14  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'

Hi:

	I would appreciate your help with installation of gcc version 2.95
On my workstation I've installed Linux version 7.0 and gcc installed is
2.96-54, however what I need is gcc version 2.95. I am getting the following
error messages from make bootstrap:

make[2]: *** [indstream.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/jpipin/gcc/gcc_object/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libio'
make[1]: *** [all-target-libio] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jpipin/gcc/gcc_object'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

Please help.

Thanks,

Janusz