* Installation and running pgcc
@ 2001-10-01 13:40 John S Smith
From: John S Smith @ 2001-10-01 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Good evening all

I am trying to get some assistance to install gcc  on my OS/2 machine.

I have downloaded the zip file   pgcc-os2-2_95_3_gpp.zip and unzipped it in the \emx
directory and copied the pgcc.cmd file to the \emx\bin directory.

Going to a command line window and entering 'pgcc' brings up the 'environment
variables set up for pgcc' heading and then 'OS/2 Command Interpreter version 4.5'

Is this all that is required?

I am trying to install and run Perl-5.6.1 and the SQL-ledger accounting software which
requires perl and a c complier  to run, but cannot get perl to install.

As you can see I am very much a novice and have probably missed the point
completely, but I have reached a dead end, any assitance would be of great help.

BTW the last time I had anything to do with programming was with my original Apple II
(yes that long ago), since then I have been using OS/2 in its various releases and
software either out of the box or old dos programs that run in an OS/2 dos window. (No
windows programs at all on my main office machine)

Many regards

John S Smith

Joatamon Enterprises			Voice:  +44 (0) 1202 734701
email:  admin@joatamon.co.uk        	Fax:      +44 (0) 1202 716644

* Re: Installation and running pgcc
@ 2001-10-02 22:41 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-10-02 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John S Smith; +Cc: gcc-help

On Oct  1, 2001, "John S Smith" <admin@joatamon.co.uk> wrote:

> I have downloaded the zip file   pgcc-os2-2_95_3_gpp.zip and unzipped it in the \emx
> directory and copied the pgcc.cmd file to the \emx\bin directory.

I'm afraid you got the wrong forum.  You should ask for installation
help to whoever provided you with this zip file.  This forum is for
installation help on GCC as provided by the Free Software Foundation,
as part of the GNU Project.  pgcc is not GCC.