[parent not found: <E16w4Nu-0002jV-00@smtp.web.de>]
[parent not found: <616BE6A276E3714788D2AC35C40CD18D5B1F89@whale.softwire.co.uk>]
* Pointer to a function forbid!!
@ 2002-04-11 11:32 Glover George
From: Glover George @ 2002-04-11 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi, I was wondering if there is ANYWAY to overcome this error message
with G++;

I have to pass a pointer to a function as a parameter to some other
function.  However, the funtion I need to pass is a member function of a
class.  When I do, g++ complains with this.

ISO C++ forbids taking the address of a bound member function to form a
pointer to member function.
 Cannont convert ..... (snip)

What exactly does this mean and why not?  The function is of an object
that has been initialized.  It is local to main however.  Is it that it
needs to be created with a new before I can do it or is there just
absolutely no way to pass a pointer to a member function?

Thank you.

Glover George
Systems/Networks Admin
Gulf Sales & Supply, Inc.