* cvs checkout problem.
@ 2003-11-14  9:49 Bansidhar Arvind Deshpande  - CTD, Chennai.
From: Bansidhar Arvind Deshpande  - CTD, Chennai. @ 2003-11-14  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU GCC

Hi ,

I want to checkout my cvs project (project1 ) files of having tagname "imp"

e.g. If i want to check out my latest version of the same project i do
cvs get project1

To get the tagged version which command should i use.

thanks

--Bansidhar

* RE: cvs checkout problem.
@ 2003-11-14 10:21 ` Rupert Wood
From: Rupert Wood @ 2003-11-14 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Bansidhar Arvind Deshpande  - CTD, Chennai.'; +Cc: gcc-help

Bansidhar Arvind Deshpande wrote:

> I want to checkout my cvs project (project1 ) files of having
> tagname "imp" e.g. If i want to check out my latest version of the
> same project i do cvs get project1
> To get the tagged version which command should i use.

You'd use

   cvs get -r imp project1

or similar. There's plenty of other options you can use, e.g.

   cvs -qz9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/gcc
       get -r gcc-3_3-branch -d gcc33 gcc

will fetch you a copy of the GCC 3.3 branch into a directory called 'gcc33'.
You can get help from cvs itself with

   cvs --help get

or find docs online at http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/. Note that your
'get' is an alias for 'checkout' (as is 'co') so that's the command you
should look up.

We can probably cope with the basic stuff here but if you've got more
complex CVS problems you might do better on a CVS mailing list.

Good luck,
Rup.