* Problem configuring
@ 2001-01-20 22:51 Truman Kimery
From: Truman Kimery @ 2001-01-20 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I'm running Linux on a pentium class processor (AMD K6-2 to be exact). I
dunno if processor type actually matters but...
       This is my problem. I'm in /usr/gcc (where I want to set it up to)
and type /usr/gcc-2.95.2/configure and it tells me config.guess can not
figure out the host name so I type in /usr/gcc-2.95.2/configure
--host=localhost.localdomain and it says: /usr/gcc-2.95.2/configure: cc:
command not found *** the command 'cc -o conftest -g conftest.c' failed ***
you must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler. I don't have
a compiler that I know on my computer to set it to and I don't know how to
set it anyway. Do you know why this happens and how I can deal with it to
get the GCC compiler working on my computer?

Thanks,
Manji