* Win32-hosted SPARC compiler
@ 2001-11-05  9:19 Terry Hipp
From: Terry Hipp @ 2001-11-05  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I am trying to build a windows hosted cross-compiler for an embedded sparc
v8 processor.

I have installed cygwin and the native gcc compiler.  I have downloaded the
following source files to build the sparc cross compiler.
1) binutils-2.11.2
2) gcc-2.95.3
3) newlib-1.8.2 (and glibc-2.2.4)
4) gdb-5.0

I am attempting the following steps to configure, build and install GCC as a
cross-compiler.  I have gotten past the binutils section, but encounter
makefile errors during the gcc section.

cd /cygdrive/e/cygwin
host=i686-pc-cygwin32
target=sparc-elf
prefix=/cygdrive/e/cygwin
i=$prefix/bin

mkdir build-binutils build-gcc build-newlib build-gdb

# Configure, build and install binutils
cd build-binutils
../binutils-2.11.2/configure --target=$target --prefix=$prefix -v
make all install

# Configure, build and install gcc
cd build-gcc
../gcc-2.95.3/configure --target=$target --prefix=$prefix -v
make all install

# Configure, build and install newlib
cd build-newlib
../newlib1.8.2/configure --target=$target --prefix=$prefix -v
# The settings for FOO_FOR_TARGET aren't necessary if you put $ prefix/bin
# in your path before running this.
make all install \
	CC_FOR_TARGET=$i/${target}-gcc \
	AS_FOR_TARGET=$i/${target}-as \
	LD_FOR_TARGET=$i/${target}-ld \
	AR_FOR_TARGET=$i/${target}-ar \
	RANLIB_FOR_TARGET=$i/${target}-ranlib

# Configure, build and install gdb
cd build-gdb
../gdb-5.0/configure --target=$target --prefix=$prefix -v
make all install

Questions
Is this the correct procedure for creating a win32-hosted sparc
cross-compiler?
Should you ever have to modify the configure-generated config.h file in
order to get the makefile to run successfully?
What do you do when the makefile encounters errors?

Thanks
Terry Hipp

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-11-15 19:34 UTC | newest]