* wstring in gcc3.2
@ 2003-03-05 17:02 Christina Wang
From: Christina Wang @ 2003-03-05 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I got some problems with libstdc++ which is bundled with gcc3.2 on
Solaris8.It seems that gcc3.2 doesn't fully support wstring on solaris. The
configuration file of gcc checks some wchar functions that are not supported
by the native libc on Solaris 8, then it turns off the wchar support. I
changed the configuration file to delete the excessive wchar function
checks. And then I could
build gcc3.2 with the wstring support. However, after this change, I cannot
link my appliction with the static version of libstdc++ using this compiler.
The compiler crashed at the linking stage. The shared version of libstdc++
still works well. Does anybody know how to enable the wchar support for
gcc3.2 on Solaris8 without introducing this kind of side effect?

Thanks for any advice!

Christina

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-03-05 17:02 UTC | newest]