* specific versions of libc and GCC?
@ 2001-03-11 20:04 Doug Dean
From: Doug Dean @ 2001-03-11 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello !

I am looking for the source files for the glibc (2.1.3) and gcc compiler
(2.91.66) that was part of RedHat release 6.2. Could you folks please direct
me to where a could find a pristine copy?

Thanks for your help,

Doug Dean
Doug@jli.com

* Re: specific versions of libc and GCC?
@ 2001-03-12 21:07 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-03-12 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Dean; +Cc: gcc-help

On Mar 12, 2001, "Doug Dean" <doug@jli.com> wrote:

> I am looking for the source files for the glibc (2.1.3) and gcc compiler
> (2.91.66) that was part of RedHat release 6.2. Could you folks please direct
> me to where a could find a pristine copy?

The Red Hat Linux 6.2 distribution CD-ROMs, perhaps? :-)

* RE: specific versions of libc and GCC?
@ 2001-03-13  6:30   ` Doug Dean
From: Doug Dean @ 2001-03-13  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre Oliva; +Cc: gcc-help

Thanks for the reply!

I was curious as to what modifications were made to the GNU glibc and gcc
distribution by RedHat. I have found 80 some odd changes and of course the
RedHat version of glibc includes the pthreads, crypto, and bsd add ons in
the source tree. Do you know what else might be unique about the redhat rpm
versions of the complier and libraries?

Doug

@ 2001-03-13  6:56     ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-03-13  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Dean; +Cc: gcc-help

On Mar 13, 2001, "Doug Dean" <doug@jli.com> wrote:

> I was curious as to what modifications were made to the GNU glibc and gcc
> distribution by RedHat.

Get the SRPMS.  They contain the pristine sources plus patch files.