From: Sagar Acharya <sagaracharya@tutanota.com>
To: Xi Ruoyao <xry111@xry111.site>
Cc: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Cross Compiling for riscv64
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 13:57:07 +0100 (CET)	[thread overview]

Point of a compiler is to convert C code to machine code of hex/binary/object file in least amount of time and conserving as much memory as can be done. To create good error-free sequence of instructions is also one objective.

The values of memory required are definitely not of order 1GB. There are OSes which can be booted in less than 100MB.
Thanking you
Sagar Acharya
https://designman.org

14 Feb 2023, 18:13 by xry111@xry111.site: