* -coff, -elf, -aout
@ 2002-04-22  1:17 Naveen Malik
From: Naveen Malik @ 2002-04-22  1:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

when making a cross compiler from gcc we have three
options  -coff, -elf, -aout that generate a cross compiler that gives us the
binaries that are indipendent of any OS support.  Can anybody please help me
in understanding - what is the difference between these three options as all
of them are used to generate code for embedded applications but whaich
option to use?

OR where I can get the reference material for al these issues for defining
target.

Best regards

Naveen Malik

* Doubt in file formats
@ 2002-05-01  0:06 ` SathisKanna
From: SathisKanna @ 2002-05-01  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

HI,
we have diifrent file formats like aout,ELF,etc..
Why do we need such  diffrent formats??
Regards
Sathis

* Re: Doubt in file formats
@ 2002-05-05  0:43   ` Naveen Malik
From: Naveen Malik @ 2002-05-05  0:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SathisKanna; +Cc: gcc-help

Hi there,

I had also posted the same query on the help net but could'nt get any reply
from any gcc gurus.

Even if we take the case of embedded applications, we have -coff, -aout
and -elf formats there. but I am also not sure about the exact differences
in these formats.

Please, if any of the you in the gcc-help mailing list have answer, kindly
resolve the issue.

Regards

Naveen Malik

From: Deosaran Bisnath @ 2002-05-05  5:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I am new to linux g++ & am not sure how to do this. Your help is most
welcome

there are about 50 data points like this, x and y

x             y
2.4          1
67.21       2
1.9           3
211.45      4

I want to sort x in ascending or descending order so the above are arranged
like this:

x              y
211.45      4
67.21        2
2.4            1
1.9            3

what is the fastest way to do this? thanks

* Re: Sorting data points
@ 2002-05-05  5:28       ` bjorn rohde jensen
From: bjorn rohde jensen @ 2002-05-05  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi Deosaran,

 Your problem sounds a bit more like a home work
assignment than a GCC problem;) Any way, you might
want to look at the STL, find a suitable container
providing itterators and have a look at the sorting
algorithms in STL. This way you wont have to do
much coding yourself, and you will get a pretty
efficient solution:)

Yours sincerely,

Bjorn