* gcc options
@ 2001-11-01  6:03 michael.shapiro
From: michael.shapiro @ 2001-11-01  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I was using cc compiler on OS/390 under UNIX System Services. How can I
change the following cc options to gcc options?

cc  -c  -W  'c,dll,long,source,list'

where     dll  - generate object code for DLLs or DLL applications;
     long - provides support for external names of mixed case and up to
1024 characters long;
     source    - generate a listing that shows the original source input.
     list - instructs compiler to generate a listing of machine
instructions.

Thanks, Michael
computer.

* Re: GCC Options
@ 2011-08-04 12:53       ` manaankit2
From: manaankit2 @ 2011-08-04 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

John Need one more help. I was trying to compile the code but i got the error

These were for certain functions for which i have some other module which
creates the lib for them.
In gcc i am providing the -l*** option where *** is the module where those
objects are available.

Can you help me to sort this issue.

Thanks for the help.
Ankit

John Graham-9 wrote:

> Well, gcc (4.4.3) tells me that "-+" is an unrecognised option, so it
> may be a typo in the makefile...
>

> On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 8:10 AM, manaankit2 <ankit.anand1@wipro.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanx John. I mean -+ only. Anyways thanks for the help.
>>

>> John Graham-9 wrote:
>>>
>>> "$<" is a make automatic variable - see
>>> http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/html_node/Automatic-Variables.html#Automatic-Variables.
>>>
>>> I don't know what the "-+" switch is - I couldn't find one in the gcc
>>> man page. Are you sure you don't mean "$+"? That would be another make
>>> variable.
>>>
>>> John G

>> --

* Re: GCC Options
@ 2011-08-04  8:15     ` John Graham
From: John Graham @ 2011-08-04  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: manaankit2; +Cc: gcc-help

Well, gcc (4.4.3) tells me that "-+" is an unrecognised option, so it
may be a typo in the makefile...

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 8:10 AM, manaankit2 <ankit.anand1@wipro.com> wrote:

> Thanx John. I mean -+ only. Anyways thanks for the help.
>

> John Graham-9 wrote:
>>
>> "$<" is a make automatic variable - see
>> http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/html_node/Automatic-Variables.html#Automatic-Variables.
>>
>> I don't know what the "-+" switch is - I couldn't find one in the gcc
>> man page. Are you sure you don't mean "$+"? That would be another make
>> variable.
>>
>> John G
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 6:45 AM, manaankit2 <ankit.anand1@wipro.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Can some one please explain to me what are these options in it.
>>>
>>> gcc -c -+ $< -m64 $(CCFLAGS)
>>>
>>> I understand -c, -m64 and $CCFLAGS but i am not able to understand the
>>> use
>>> of -+ and $<.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the help
>>> --
>>>

> --

* Re: GCC Options
@ 2011-08-04  7:10   ` manaankit2
From: manaankit2 @ 2011-08-04  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

John Graham-9 wrote:

> "$<" is a make automatic variable - see
> http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/html_node/Automatic-Variables.html#Automatic-Variables.
>
> I don't know what the "-+" switch is - I couldn't find one in the gcc
> man page. Are you sure you don't mean "$+"? That would be another make
> variable.
>
> John G
>

> On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 6:45 AM, manaankit2 <ankit.anand1@wipro.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Can some one please explain to me what are these options in it.
>>
>> gcc -c -+ $< -m64 $(CCFLAGS)
>>
>> I understand -c, -m64 and $CCFLAGS but i am not able to understand the
>> use
>> of -+ and $<.
>>
>> Thanks for the help
>> --

* Re: GCC Options
@ 2011-08-04  6:51 ` John Graham
From: John Graham @ 2011-08-04  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: manaankit2; +Cc: gcc-help

"$<" is a make automatic variable - see
http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/html_node/Automatic-Variables.html#Automatic-Variables.

I don't know what the "-+" switch is - I couldn't find one in the gcc
man page. Are you sure you don't mean "$+"? That would be another make
variable.

John G

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 6:45 AM, manaankit2 <ankit.anand1@wipro.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can some one please explain to me what are these options in it.
>
> gcc -c -+ $< -m64 $(CCFLAGS)
>
> I understand -c, -m64 and $CCFLAGS but i am not able to understand the use
> of -+ and $<.
>
> Thanks for the help
> --

* GCC Options