* Interleaved access in GCC vectorization
@ 2008-03-04 14:02 Jaishri
From: Jaishri @ 2008-03-04 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help, gcc

Hi,
while studying non-unit stride access from paper "Auto-vectorization of
Interleaved Data for SIMD" by Dorit Nuzman, Ira Rosen, Ayal Zaks, I found
that these functions are not in latest release of GCC (GCC-4.2.3). If so
then when will they be included?
any pointer regarding this will be of great use for me.
Thanks in advance.

--jaishri

* Re: Interleaved access in GCC vectorization
@ 2008-03-04 14:29 ` John Love-Jensen
From: John Love-Jensen @ 2008-03-04 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jaishri, GCC-help

Hi Jaishri,

> ... these functions are not in latest release of GCC (GCC-4.2.3).
> If so then when will they be included?

Which functions are lacking/missing?

The ones mentioned in the paper should be in GCC 4.1, and (I presume) later.

Are you specifying the GCC flags that enable the desired SIMD hardware
capability on your platform?

Sincerely,
--Eljay

* Re: Interleaved access in GCC vectorization
@ 2008-03-05  6:54 ` Ira Rosen
From: Ira Rosen @ 2008-03-05  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jaishri; +Cc: gcc-help

gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org wrote on 04/03/2008 16:02:10:

> Hi,
> while studying non-unit stride access from paper "Auto-vectorization of
> Interleaved Data for SIMD" by Dorit Nuzman, Ira Rosen, Ayal Zaks, I found
> that these functions are not in latest release of GCC (GCC-4.2.3). If so
> then when will they be included?

Vectorization of interleaved data is implemented in GCC 4.3.

Ira