From: "Thomas J Amato" <Thomas_J_Amato@raytheon.com>
To: nathan@cs.bris.ac.uk
Cc: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org, nathan@cs.bris.ac.uk
Subject: Re: Stray characters in .o files....
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:16:00 -0000	[thread overview]

After I submitted this to the message board I realized that I had the -x
c++ (not sure how it got there ;-o ) option on the command line. Pilot
error.

Tom

                      Nathan Sidwell
                      <nathan@acm.org>          To:      Thomas J Amato
                      Sent by:                  <Thomas_J_Amato@raytheon.com>
                      nathan@compsci.br         cc:      gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
                      istol.ac.uk               Subject: Re: Stray characters in .o files....

                      06/19/02 11:30 AM
                      Please respond to
                      nathan

Thomas J Amato wrote:
> I'm hoping that someone has seem this. I am getting a large number of
> errors when I go to link my test program (below is a snippet):
>
> .sun_gcc_dbg/test_harness.o:222:107: warning: null character(s) ignored
> .sun_gcc_dbg/test_harness.o:222:110: warning: null character(s) ignored
I'd guess that the .o file is not being recognized for what it is,
and it is being processed as source of some kind.

1) How are you invoking the linker?
2) What does the -v (verbose) flag tell you?

nathan
--
Dr Nathan Sidwell :: Computer Science Department :: Bristol University
           The voices in my head told me to say this