* Re: filebuf attach method source code.
@ 2004-07-06 21:56 adam.ctr.pike
From: adam.ctr.pike @ 2004-07-06 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: llewelly; +Cc: gcc-help

Thank you very much for the information!

Adam J. Pike
AOS-330/TMA
Software Engineer
Adam.CTR.Pike@faa.gov

                      llewelly@xmission
                      .com                     To:       Adam CTR Pike/ACT/CNTR/FAA@FAA
                                               cc:       gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
                      07/06/2004 04:31         Subject:  Re: filebuf attach method source code.
                      PM

adam.ctr.pike@faa.gov writes:

> Greetings,
>
> I have been looking for the source code for the attach method that used
> be part of the filebuf class.

This has been replaced by the __gnu_cxx::stdio_filebuf class, as
    documented at: http://xrl.us/ccq4 . (However, it's changed a few
    times, so check the version-specific docs.)

The original attach source you can find at: http://xrl.us/ccq6 . Look
    in fstream.cc and liboP.h .

> I am attempting to compile a program that
> uses the attach method to attach a filebuf object to a pipe.

According to its docs, the stdio_filebuf class can be opened on a file
    descriptor.

> I have very
> little time to get this program compiled, so the quickest fix would be to
> create a new filebuf class in a local header and add the attach method to
> it.

I really doubt this will be 'quick'.

[snip]

* Re: filebuf attach method source code.
@ 2004-07-06 21:31 ` llewelly
From: llewelly @ 2004-07-06 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: adam.ctr.pike; +Cc: gcc-help

@ 2004-07-06 17:54 adam.ctr.pike
From: adam.ctr.pike @ 2004-07-06 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Greetings,

I have been looking for the source code for the attach method that used to
be part of the filebuf class.  I am attempting to compile a program that
uses the attach method to attach a filebuf object to a pipe.  I have very
little time to get this program compiled, so the quickest fix would be to
create a new filebuf class in a local header and add the attach method to
it.

Is it possible to obtain the source code for the filebuf attach method?
And if so, where?  Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam J. Pike
AOS-330/TMA
Software Engineer