* How do I join this list?
@ 2005-08-01  9:29 Andrew Hardy
From: Andrew Hardy @ 2005-08-01  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

There is a link to mailing lists on the gcc home page, but I cannot see any
explanation on how to enrole on the list.

Is the list not managed in any way.  Do I just mail this address then look
out on the site or do I need to subscribe?

Can any one tell me where on the site it describes how to subscribe?

Many thanks,

Andrew H.

* RE: How do I join this list?
@ 2005-08-01  9:42 ` Rupert Wood
From: Rupert Wood @ 2005-08-01  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Andrew Hardy'; +Cc: gcc-help

Andrew Hardy wrote:

> There is a link to mailing lists on the gcc home page, but I cannot
> see any explanation on how to enrole on the list.

If you look further down that page,

    http://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html#subscribe

there's a form to subscribe to or unsubscribe from the lists. I think you're
right - I think there are magic email addresses you can write to to
subscribe - but the form's just as easy.

Rup.

* Re: How do I join this list?
@ 2005-08-01 15:17   ` Bob Proulx
From: Bob Proulx @ 2005-08-01 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Andrew Hardy'; +Cc: gcc-help

Rupert Wood wrote:
> Andrew Hardy wrote:
> > There is a link to mailing lists on the gcc home page, but I cannot
> > see any explanation on how to enrole on the list.
> ...instructions on the web form trimmed...
> I think you're right - I think there are magic email addresses you
> can write to to subscribe - but the form's just as easy.

Everything with regards to the mailing list can be done by mail.  You
can get a list of the commands by sending a help request to the
mailing list robot.  The following is a one line example:

  echo help | mailx -s request gcc-help-request@gcc.gnu.org

You can subscribe by sending a subscribe request to the request
address.  The following is a one line example:

  echo subscribe | mailx -s request gcc-help-subscribe@gcc.gnu.org

You will receive a confirmation message to verify your email address.
Follow the instructions to confirm your subscription request.

Bob