Thank you for letting me know about the subject line issue, I will strive to write more descriptive subject lines in the future. Thank you for letting me know about the "reply to list only" part of netiquette, I will reply to the mailing list from now on. My apologies. Sorry for the long delay.  I had some stuff going on, got distracted, and accidentally invented dehydrated water (jk lol). Anyway, I opened stdio.h in a text editor and it clearly stated that it was under the LGPL v2 or any later version. sooo... what am I missing here? What is the email for the glibc list and would it be bad netiquette to post this there? "For questions about glibc's licence you should ask the glibc list or consult a lawyer. The first paragraph of clause 5 of LGPL v2.1 seems clear to me: 5. A program that contains no derivative of any portion of the Library, but is designed to work with the Library by being compiled or linked with it, is called a "work that uses the Library". Such a work, in isolation, is not a derivative work of the Library, and therefore falls outside the scope of this License." The  sentence says "Such a work, in ISOLATION, is not a derivative work of the Library, and therefore falls outside the scope of this License.". If I wanted to distribute my code in source code form only then you would be right--the use of the libraries wouldn't affect the code, because they aren't combined.  However (and I admit i may not have made this clear) but, I do intend on distributing it in object code form. (which would require that my code and the library be combined))  The second sentence in the LGPLv2.1  section 5 says "However, linking a "work that uses the Library" with the Library creates an executable that is a derivative of the Library (because it contains portions of the Library), rather than a "work that uses the library". The executable is therefore covered by this License. Section 6 states terms for distribution of such executables." Does anyone else have any suggestions? My email is JacobK622@protonmail.com feel free to email me at any time, although I may not respond immediately. (usually within 24hrs.) From, Jacob K Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.