* How to enable GLIBCXX & CXXABI in yocto
@ 2022-04-27  6:29 WENG Binyang
From: WENG Binyang @ 2022-04-27  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi gcc-help team,

I am working on create a arm toolchain by yocto.
I confirmed the generated toolchain, but found no GLIBCXX_3.* and CXXABI in libstdc++ for arm64. Please refer to the following.

xxx:~/Workspace/EMIRROR/sdk/linux/yocto-build/toolchain/sysroots/aarch64-linux/usr/lib$ strings libstdc++.so.6.0.28 | grep GLIBCXX
GLIBCXX_FORCE_NEW
GLIBCXX_DEBUG_MESSAGE_LENGTH

Could you tell me how to enable GLIBCXX_3* and CXXABI in yocto build?
For example I can see things like GLIBCXX_3.x.x through strings.

xxx:~/Workspace/yocto-build/toolchain/sysroots/x86_64-arago-linux/usr/lib$ strings libstdc++.so.6.0.28 | grep GLIBCXX
GLIBCXX_3.4
GLIBCXX_3.4.1
GLIBCXX_3.4.2
GLIBCXX_3.4.3
GLIBCXX_3.4.4
GLIBCXX_3.4.5
GLIBCXX_3.4.6
GLIBCXX_3.4.7
GLIBCXX_3.4.8
GLIBCXX_3.4.9
GLIBCXX_3.4.10
GLIBCXX_3.4.11
GLIBCXX_3.4.12
GLIBCXX_3.4.13
GLIBCXX_3.4.14
GLIBCXX_3.4.15
GLIBCXX_3.4.16
GLIBCXX_3.4.17
GLIBCXX_3.4.18
GLIBCXX_3.4.19
GLIBCXX_3.4.20
GLIBCXX_3.4.21
GLIBCXX_3.4.22
GLIBCXX_3.4.23
GLIBCXX_3.4.24
GLIBCXX_3.4.25
GLIBCXX_3.4.26
GLIBCXX_3.4.27
GLIBCXX_3.4.28

Best Regards,
Weng

This electronic transmission (and any attachments thereto) is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you must delete it immediately and notify the sender. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited.  Faurecia does not guarantee the integrity of this transmission and shall therefore never be liable if the message is altered or falsified nor for any virus, interception or damage to your system.

* Re: How to enable GLIBCXX & CXXABI in yocto
@ 2022-04-27  7:03 ` Xi Ruoyao
From: Xi Ruoyao @ 2022-04-27  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: WENG Binyang, gcc-help

On Wed, 2022-04-27 at 06:29 +0000, WENG Binyang wrote:
> Hi gcc-help team,
>
> I am working on create a arm toolchain by yocto.
> I confirmed the generated toolchain, but found no GLIBCXX_3.* and
> CXXABI in libstdc++ for arm64. Please refer to the following.
>
> xxx:~/Workspace/EMIRROR/sdk/linux/yocto-
> build/toolchain/sysroots/aarch64-linux/usr/lib$ strings
> libstdc++.so.6.0.28 | grep GLIBCXX
> GLIBCXX_FORCE_NEW
> GLIBCXX_DEBUG_MESSAGE_LENGTH
>
> Could you tell me how to enable GLIBCXX_3* and CXXABI in yocto build?

We do not know how GCC is configured during a yocto build.  You can
either provide more information (for example, attaching config.log of
libstdc++) or ask yocto:

> Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this message is strictly
> prohibited.

This does not make sense posting to a public mailing list.  Please
disable such notices sending a mail to gcc-help.

--
Xi Ruoyao <xry111@mengyan1223.wang>

* Re: How to enable GLIBCXX & CXXABI in yocto
@ 2022-04-27  9:26 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2022-04-27  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: WENG Binyang; +Cc: gcc-help

On Wed, 27 Apr 2022 at 07:30, WENG Binyang <binyang.weng@forvia.com> wrote:

> Hi gcc-help team,
>
> I am working on create a arm toolchain by yocto.
> I confirmed the generated toolchain, but found no GLIBCXX_3.* and CXXABI in libstdc++ for arm64. Please refer to the following.
>
> xxx:~/Workspace/EMIRROR/sdk/linux/yocto-build/toolchain/sysroots/aarch64-linux/usr/lib$ strings libstdc++.so.6.0.28 | grep GLIBCXX
> GLIBCXX_FORCE_NEW
> GLIBCXX_DEBUG_MESSAGE_LENGTH
>
> Could you tell me how to enable GLIBCXX_3* and CXXABI in yocto build?

It depends on linker support and the value of the --enable-symvers
configure option.

See https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/configure.html

--enable-symvers[=style]

In 3.1 and later, tries to turn on symbol versioning in the shared
library (if a shared library has been requested). Values for 'style'
that are currently supported are 'gnu', 'gnu-versioned-namespace',
'darwin', 'darwin-export', and 'sun'. Both gnu- options require that a
recent version of the GNU linker be in use. Both darwin options are
equivalent. With no style given, the configure script will try to
guess correct defaults for the host system, probe to see if additional
requirements are necessary and present for activation, and if so, will
turn symbol versioning on. This option can change the library ABI.

And the comments in libstdc++-v3/acinclude.m4

dnl
dnl Add version tags to symbols in shared library (or not), additionally
dnl marking other symbols as private/local (or not).
dnl
dnl Sets libtool_VERSION, and determines shared library SONAME.
dnl
dnl  This depends on GLIBCXX CHECK_LINKER_FEATURES, but without it assumes no.
dnl
dnl --enable-symvers=style adds a version script to the linker call when
dnl       creating the shared library.  The choice of version script is
dnl       controlled by 'style'.
dnl --disable-symvers does not.
dnl
dnl  +  Usage:  GLIBCXX_ENABLE_SYMVERS[(DEFAULT)]
dnl       Where DEFAULT is either 'yes' or 'no'.  Passing `yes' tries to
dnl       choose a default style based on linker characteristics.  Passing
dnl       'no' disables versioning.
dnl

* RE: How to enable GLIBCXX & CXXABI in yocto
@ 2022-04-28  1:59   ` WENG Binyang
From: WENG Binyang @ 2022-04-28  1:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Wakely; +Cc: gcc-help

Thanks a lot!