* fail to compile gcc 3.0.2 on Solaris 8
@ 2001-10-29 11:31 Ziying Sherwin
From: Ziying Sherwin @ 2001-10-29 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: gcc-help

We are trying to install gcc 3.0.2 on our solaris 2.8 machine. However, we go the following error message during the stage1 build:

gcc  -DIN_GCC -DSVR4   -g -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional -pedantic -Wno-long-long  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -o cc1 \
        c-parse.o c-lang.o c-errors.o c-lex.o c-pragma.o c-decl.o c-typeck.o  c-convert.o c-aux-info.o c-common.o c-format.o c-semantics.o c-dump.o  libcpp.a  toplev.o libbackend.a obstack.o alloca.o        ../libiberty/libiberty.a
gcc: ../libiberty/libiberty.a: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `cc1'
Current working directory /tmp/gccbuild_32bit
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `stage1_build'

What we did is as follows:

    mkdir /tmp/gccbuild_32bit
    cd /tmp/gccbuild_32bit
    /INSTALL/gcc_3.0.2.dir/gcc/configure \
          --prefix=/depot/package/gcc_3.0.2_32bit \
          --enable-languages=c,c++,f77,objc \
          --enable-threads \
          --enable-libgcj
    make bootstrap-lean

It seems that the libiberty directory does not present in the /tmp/gccbuild_32bit build directory that the compiler tried to referred to. And the libiberty
directory in the source is untouched too. There is no Makefil generated from the
configuration and non of the codes get compiled.

Can any one tell me what is going on here? I am not on the gcc list, please
send the response to sherwin@nlm.nih.gov directly. Thanks.

Ziying Sherwin

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-10-29 11:31 UTC | newest]