* build for g77 on ms/dos or windows
@ 2002-02-12  5:45 Kelly, Michael
From: Kelly, Michael @ 2002-02-12  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'help-gcc@gnu.org'

I have successfully downloaded and used the DJGPP GCC 3.0.3 binary release
of GCC for DOS.  I have attempted with no success to compile g77 on DOS
using the GCC 3.0.3 source code release. Has anyone successfully done this?
Are there any detailed instructions for compiling g77 on DOS?

If anybody has any ideas, I would be grateful.  Thank you.

Mike

P.S.  I hope this is the right group for addressing these issues.

* Re: build for g77 on ms/dos or windows
@ 2002-02-12  6:04 ` Andris Pavenis
From: Andris Pavenis @ 2002-02-12  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kelly, Michael; +Cc: 'help-gcc@gnu.org'

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Kelly, Michael wrote:

> I have successfully downloaded and used the DJGPP GCC 3.0.3 binary release
> of GCC for DOS.  I have attempted with no success to compile g77 on DOS
> using the GCC 3.0.3 source code release. Has anyone successfully done this?
> Are there any detailed instructions for compiling g77 on DOS?
>
> If anybody has any ideas, I would be grateful.  Thank you.

Are You going to build Fortran compiler for DJGPP from sources? It's of
course possible, but require many other packages installed and most
likely is not needed as binary archive is available.

Download and install file g77302b.zip from DJGPP distribution
(see in the same directory where gcc303b.zip) is located

If You still want to build it from sources see corresponding readme
file in source archive for DJGPP (gcc303s.zip)

> P.S.  I hope this is the right group for addressing these issues.

Perhaps not the best one. djgpp@delorie.com would be better in this case.

Andris