* FW: shared library loading another shared library
@ 2003-02-27 12:50 Ajay Bansal
From: Ajay Bansal @ 2003-02-27 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi All

I have an application in which my code is getting linked with one of the
shared libraries which is there in -L <path>. This shared library gets
linked properly during linking. This shared library is further linked
with another shared library. But the second library is not getting
linked.

I get an error in linking. How can I link to this second library.

It is written in the man page that we can use -rpath for this. But it is
also written that using rpath option will ignore -L option.

How should I load this second library now?

-Ajay

* Re: shared library loading another shared library
@ 2003-02-27 13:10 ` Bharathi S
From: Bharathi S @ 2003-02-27 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU GCC

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Ajay Bansal wrote:

> I get an error in linking. How can I link to this second library.

   Use 2 or more -L options Like  -L/path/lib1 -L/path/lib2 ...

HTH :)
--
Bharathi S, IndLinuX Team, (__)
DONLab,     TeNeT Group,   oo /

* Re: shared library loading another shared library
@ 2003-02-27 13:30 ` P.Srihari
From: P.Srihari @ 2003-02-27 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ajay Bansal; +Cc: Bharathi S, GNU GCC

do export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=path where ur libraries are to be found

Ajay Bansal wrote:

> Nops.. It doesn't get solved this way.
>
> Say libs are
>
> libl1
> libl2
>
> ldd libl1
> .
> .
> libl2 => .....
>
> If my app links to lib1, lib2 is not being automatically found. Though
> both are in the same directory...
>
> ???

[-- Attachment #2: Wipro_Disclaimer.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 514 bytes --]

**************************Disclaimer************************************************

whatsoever is strictly prohibited.

* RE: shared library loading another shared library
       [not found] <616BE6A276E3714788D2AC35C40CD18DAB618C@whale.softwire.co.uk>
@ 2003-02-27 13:27 ` Rupert Wood
From: Rupert Wood @ 2003-02-27 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Ajay Bansal'; +Cc: gcc-help

Ajay Bansal wrote:

> Nops.. It doesn't get solved this way.
>
> Say libs are
>
> libl1
> libl2

So - to get this clear - you're trying something like:

    gcc -o myapp mysource.c -L/path/libs -ll1 -ll2

and you're getting an error from the linker? What's the error?

* RE: shared library loading another shared library
@ 2003-02-27 13:17 Ajay Bansal