* LD_LIBRARY_PATH
@ 2003-11-18 10:13 Bansidhar Arvind Deshpande  - CTD, Chennai.
From: Bansidhar Arvind Deshpande  - CTD, Chennai. @ 2003-11-18 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I am working on Redhat linux 7.3. I would like to know in which paths
by-default .so files
are searched even though the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not specified ?

Thanks,

Bansidhar

* Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH
@ 2003-11-18 10:30 ` Bharathi S
From: Bharathi S @ 2003-11-18 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bansidhar Arvind Deshpande  - CTD, Chennai.; +Cc: GNU GCC

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Bansidhar Arvind Deshpande  - CTD, Chennai. wrote:

> I am working on Redhat linux 7.3. I would like to know in which
> paths by-default .so files are searched even though the
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not specified ?

ldconfig -v
/etc/ld.so.conf
man ld.so

HTH :)
--
Bharathi S, IndLinuX Team,   (__)
DON Lab,    TeNeT Group,     oo )

Email is not private. It never has been, it never will.

* Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH
@ 2007-10-30  8:43 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2007-10-30  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhay Misra; +Cc: gcc-help

"Abhay Misra" <0infinity0@gmail.com> writes:

>   I have been looking at http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Admin/ld-lib-path.html
> & the Linux man pages.  I am just trying to work out if
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH is used at link time or not. I have been told that it
> is only used at run time, however if I set it and try to link some of
> the link errors seem to resolve themselves. Can some one please
> clarify whether or not LD_LIBRARY_PATH is used at both at link and run
> time.

When doing a native link, LD_LIBRARY_PATH will be used at link time to
help find shared libaries which are referenced by other shared
libraries directly included in the link.  That is, for a native
linker, LD_LIBRARY_PATH will supply a value for the -rpath-link
option, q.v.

Ian

* LD_LIBRARY_PATH
@ 2007-10-30  2:02 Abhay Misra