* newbiew at gcc argument
@ 2004-06-16 22:25 Marcelo Roitburd
From: Marcelo Roitburd @ 2004-06-16 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc help

Hi All!

I'm a newbiew , i try to make a search in internte and don't found maybe i
can't make a good serach.my question is how in g++ or gcc i can make a
profile of each funtion used in the code, this mean is how much time i
spend in each function.

I know that i can do by argument, i don't want to write every entrey
funtion time and every out funtion time..

anyone have some ideia?

thank you

marcelo

* RE: newbiew at gcc argument
@ 2004-06-18  9:02 ` Marcelo Roitburd
From: Marcelo Roitburd @ 2004-06-18  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lrtaylor; +Cc: gcc-help

Thank you i found in your anwser before that i need to run the program

tHank you

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 lrtaylor@micron.com wrote:

>Look at the -p and -pg arguments to gcc/g++.  However, you'll also need
>to look at prof or gprof, because you'll need one of those programs to
>analyze the profiling data.
>
>Thanks,
>Lyle

Minha vida foi uma sucessao de acasos felizes
			criminalista e imortal Evandro Lins e Silva

* RE: newbiew at gcc argument
@ 2004-06-18  8:49 ` Marcelo Roitburd
From: Marcelo Roitburd @ 2004-06-18  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lrtaylor; +Cc: gcc help

Hi Lyle!

sorry that i write about this again , but i have a question, according to
gprof man page , when i compile the source file , i will receveid two file
one a.out and other gmon.out.

from gprof man page:
The  profile  data is taken from the call graph profile file (gmon.out
default) which is created by programs that are  compiled with  the  -pg
option  of  "cc", "pc", and "f77".

but when i run
g++ -pg test.C , only a.out are creat.

How i can creat the gmon.out? i need to write this?

thank you ,

Marcelo

@ 2004-06-16 23:48 lrtaylor