From: "Flis, Przemyslaw (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw)" <przemyslaw.flis@nokia.com>
To: "gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org" <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Exception handling
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 09:00:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi,
as far as I know, the way of handling exceptions "under the hood" is not defined in C++ standard. In "Technical report on C++ performance " from 2008, I've found two main approaches to exception handling - so called "code" and "table" approach. Is there any way to determine which is used by gcc compiler? Does it depend on platform (i.e. ARM, x86 etc.) or compiler version?
As far I understand "table" approach has almost zero time overhead when exception does not appear. But when it does, is this time overhead predictable? If it is, how to predict it?

Is there any newer report on C++ performance than one mentioned above?

Best Regards
Przemyslaw Flis