* gcc building is gettting failed because of 32 bit libgcc dependency
@ 2018-08-29  6:25 Vyshnav A V
From: Vyshnav A V @ 2018-08-29  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

When we are building gcc of 64 bit and trying to install it is asking for
libgcc_s_so.1 and to satisfy this dependency we need to install libgcc
package of 32 bit also.

Can you tell us how we can exclude this 32 bit libgcc dependency from this
64bit gcc?

Gcc version we are building is 4.8.5-28.el7

Please suggest something.

Thanks and Regards,

Vyshnav

* Re: gcc building is gettting failed because of 32 bit libgcc dependency
@ 2018-08-29  8:28 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2018-08-29  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vyshnav.av; +Cc: gcc-help

On Wed, 29 Aug 2018 at 07:25, Vyshnav A V wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When we are building gcc of 64 bit and trying to install it is asking for
> libgcc_s_so.1 and to satisfy this dependency we need to install libgcc
> package of 32 bit also.
>
> Can you tell us how we can exclude this 32 bit libgcc dependency from this
> 64bit gcc?

Add --disable-multlib to the configure arguments.

https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/FAQ#gnu_stubs-32.h

* Re: gcc building is gettting failed because of 32 bit libgcc dependency
@ 2018-08-29  8:28 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2018-08-29  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vyshnav A V, gcc-help

On 08/29/2018 07:25 AM, Vyshnav A V wrote:
> When we are building gcc of 64 bit and trying to install it is asking for
> libgcc_s_so.1 and to satisfy this dependency we need to install libgcc
> package of 32 bit also.
>
> Can you tell us how we can exclude this 32 bit libgcc dependency from this
> 64bit gcc?

It's hard to be sure because you didn't say how you configured GCC. You should
always provide this information. Nevertheless does not --disable-multilib work?

--
Andrew Haley
Java Platform Lead Engineer

* Re: gcc building is gettting failed because of 32 bit libgcc dependency
@ 2018-08-29  8:29   ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2018-08-29  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vyshnav.av; +Cc: gcc-help

On Wed, 29 Aug 2018 at 09:28, Jonathan Wakely wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Aug 2018 at 07:25, Vyshnav A V wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > When we are building gcc of 64 bit and trying to install it is asking for
> > libgcc_s_so.1 and to satisfy this dependency we need to install libgcc
> > package of 32 bit also.
> >
> > Can you tell us how we can exclude this 32 bit libgcc dependency from this
> > 64bit gcc?
>
> Add --disable-multlib to the configure arguments.

Oops, that's a typo, it should say --disable-multilib