* Question about DECL_UID of struct field
@ 2008-02-27 10:14 Haifeng He
From: Haifeng He @ 2008-02-27 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I am trying to write a pass to do value profiling of struct fields.
For example, given a struct
struct S {
   a;
   b;
}
I would like to profile values of every instance of S.a and S.b.

Currently I use DECL_UID(a) and DELC_UID(b) to represent the two fields.
However, I found out that, for different compilation units (i.e.,
different source files), the DECL_UID are different. Therefore, S.a
and S.b will be treated
differently for different source files.  Is there a way that I can get
a global unique identification of
struct fields?

thanks

Haifeng

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-02-27  9:16 UTC | newest]