* Customizing uncaught exception messages
@ 2008-05-15  7:16 Yang Zhang
From: Yang Zhang @ 2008-05-15  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi, is it possible to get more informative error messages for uncaught
exceptions?  For instance, I'm interested in getting Java-like
tracebacks with file and line numbers.  Currently what I see is far from
that, e.g.:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'
   what():  basic_string::_S_construct NULL not valid

Is there any way to hook into the exception handling mechanisms and
produce such a traceback?  If the solution is platform-dependent, I am
using GNU/Linux with gcc 4.2.3.

Thanks!
--
Yang Zhang