* Problem building gcc
@ 2011-11-30  8:35 gideon425.gb5
From: gideon425.gb5 @ 2011-11-30  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I am having problems building gcc 4.6.2

I am using Ubuntu 11.10

Here is the error

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find crti.o: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [libgcc_s.so] Error 1

To get the error, I just did

../gcc-4.6.2/configure
make

The configure succeeded

The configuration is x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

The gcc-4.6.2 directory was unwrapped from a standard gcc-4.6.2.tar

What additional information can I supply to help understand this problem?

----------
This message was sent from a MailNull anti-spam account.  You can get
your free account and take control over your email by visiting the
following URL.

   http://mailnull.com/

* Problem building gcc
@ 2010-05-06  5:40 Pavel Pavlov
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Pavel Pavlov @ 2010-05-06  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I'm having troubles with gcc build (it's really irrelevant what version I'm building, version itself is ok)
I tried to google, and I see similar problem reported all over the web, but nobody ever finally got it resolved.

My problem is identical to this one: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2008-03/msg00044.html
It fails on configure step of binutils in libiberty. I have no idea what's the problem: everything is good, I have all the headers installed and I use gcc-4.4.0 as toolset to build crosscompiler.

In that particular case I have this config.status : http://pastebin.com/PSsaya6F
Yet, the final config.h is absolutely identical to config.in: http://pastebin.com/ecL4qkqT with the only change added is the single line at the top:
/* config.h.  Generated from config.in by configure.  */

Details of my environment: win7+msys and I'm trying to build cegcc crosscompiler. The src that I'm using is ok, I built it on Cygwin without that error, yet on msys/mingw it fails at the beginning.

I'm absolute ZERO or NULL in that black magic gibberish autoxxx scripts, so I'm asking for your help to resolve that issue. It seems that some of that atotools fail somehow to properly modify/parse some of the input files (CRLF issue maybe?). If It was a compilation issue I'd resolve it in no time, but since it's a configure failure I even have no idea what's called in what order so that I could see what script/program fails.

Than you

PS: That same problem was once raised on cegcc list but with the same outcome (unresolved): http://www.mail-archive.com/cegcc-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg02642.html

* problem building gcc
@ 2008-08-28 13:28 collinr
From: collinr @ 2008-08-28 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Good morning,
I had a problem while trying to build GCC (version 4.3.1) with Cygwin.
I made "./configure" in GCC subdirectory (OK) then
I made "make all"    in GCC subdirectory (KO).
It is said the file build/genmodes.exe is missing. I saw on the
Internet I am not the first one to have this problem, but I did not
find the solution, could you tell me what to do?

I have an another problem in gcc-4.3.1-directory :
"./configure" works, but command "make" encounter errors. The trace of
command "make" shows a lot of "undefined reference to" (about 100).

Do I need to make something in gcc-4.3.1 directory to build gcc, or I
can do everything in gcc subdirectory?

Regards,
Rémi Collin

* Problem building GCC
@ 2000-11-02 10:59 Andrew Dumaresq
From: Andrew Dumaresq @ 2000-11-02 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I have a DEC 3000 Model 400, that I wanted to put linux on but I can't,
aprently the bus is messy. :) Anyway I was trying to compile GCC on this
machine and I run into the following error:

I have un tarred the source to /usr/src/gcc-2.95.2 and made a dir
/usr/src/obj I goto /usr/src/obj and type
/usr/scr/gcc-2.95.2/configure.  The configure runs fine, but when I type
make bootstrap I get the above error.  I'm sure this is something simple
but I can't figure it out. I am using Tru64 Unix and using the default
make and utils for that OS.

cc  -DIN_GCC -DHAIFA    -g   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -o cc1 toplev.o version.o
tree.o print-tree.o stor-layout.o fold-const.o  function.o stmt.o
except.o expr.o calls.o expmed.o explow.o optabs.o  intl.o varasm.o
rtl.o print-rtl.o rtlanal.o emit-rtl.o genrtl.o real.o  dbxout.o
sdbout.o dwarfout.o dwarf2out.o xcoffout.o bitmap.o alias.o gcse.o
integrate.o jump.o cse.o loop.o unroll.o flow.o stupid.o combine.o
varray.o  regclass.o regmove.o local-alloc.o global.o reload.o reload1.o
caller-save.o  insn-peep.o reorg.o haifa-sched.o final.o recog.o
reg-stack.o  insn-opinit.o insn-recog.o insn-extract.o insn-output.o
insn-emit.o lcm.o  profile.o insn-attrtab.o alpha.o getpwd.o  convert.o
mbchar.o dyn-string.o splay-tree.o graph.o sbitmap.o resource.o hash.o
c-parse.o c-lang.o c-lex.o c-pragma.o c-decl.o c-typeck.o c-convert.o
c-aux-info.o c-common.o c-iterate.o  obstack.o       -lmld
../libiberty/libiberty.a
ld:
Unresolved:
ASM_FILE_START