* How to change order of search directories
@ 2009-03-12  0:06 Pat Josh
From: Pat Josh @ 2009-03-12  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,
I have a small issue when using gcc. I have a 3rd party software thats
installed and it installs a c header file in /usr/local/include. I
have another header file with same name in the standard directory
/usr/include. Now with #include <thatheader.h>, it picks up the one in
/usr/local/include because /usr/local/include come first in the list
of directories to be searched. But I want it to pick from
/usr/include. Any idea what can I do here?

Also when linking with -l option, it picks up the libName.a file that
the 3rd party software generated which I dont want. Any suggestions
will be much appreciated.

Thanks

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-03-12  0:06 UTC | newest]