* Minimum compiler requriements
@ 2007-12-09 16:14 NightStrike
From: NightStrike @ 2007-12-09 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Currently, to build gcc requires using the system compiler to build
part of gcc, then gcc compiles the rest of itself with itself.  If the
system compiler is also gcc, what is the minimum version that can be
used?

* Re: Minimum compiler requriements
@ 2007-12-17 15:58 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2007-12-17 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NightStrike; +Cc: gcc-help

NightStrike writes:
 > Currently, to build gcc requires using the system compiler to build
 > part of gcc, then gcc compiles the rest of itself with itself.  If the
 > system compiler is also gcc, what is the minimum version that can be
 > used?

gcc requires an ISO C compiler, so any compliant version of gcc will
do.  We don't routinely test building it with old compilers.

Andrew.

--
Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1TE, UK
Registered in England and Wales No. 3798903