* MyFirstTestsuite!
@ 2008-03-15 22:06 NightStrike
From: NightStrike @ 2008-03-15 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help; +Cc: Kai Tietz, Kai Tietz

So I figured out (with a lot of help from Joseph Myers) how to run the
testsuite using a cross compiler, ssh, and a remote 64-bit Windows
system.  I now have test suite results for gcc and g++ (gfortran and
others are still going.)

Where do I send these results now?

* Re: MyFirstTestsuite!
@ 2008-03-16  6:18 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2008-03-16  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NightStrike; +Cc: gcc-help

NightStrike <nightstrike@gmail.com> writes:

> So I figured out (with a lot of help from Joseph Myers) how to run the
> testsuite using a cross compiler, ssh, and a remote 64-bit Windows
> system.  I now have test suite results for gcc and g++ (gfortran and
> others are still going.)
>
> Where do I send these results now?

See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults for the archive, which will
show you typical subject lines and message bodies.

Thanks.

Ian

* Re: MyFirstTestsuite!
@ 2008-03-16  9:50   ` NightStrike
From: NightStrike @ 2008-03-16  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: gcc-help

On 3/16/08, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
> NightStrike <nightstrike@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > So I figured out (with a lot of help from Joseph Myers) how to run the
> > testsuite using a cross compiler, ssh, and a remote 64-bit Windows
> > system.  I now have test suite results for gcc and g++ (gfortran and
> > others are still going.)
> >
> > Where do I send these results now?

> See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults for the archive, which will
> show you typical subject lines and message bodies.

Ok, first, the ssh server started spinning and pegged one of the CPUs
at 100% for some reason, which froze the testing.  I restarted the
process, and the testing resumed (presumably there would be several
tests in the interim that failed due to an inability to ssh over to
the test box.)

Then, someone rebooted the host machine that was running (make check).
 That is to say, if I didn't mention it before, I was buildng a gcc
cross from Linux64 to Win64, and so ran make check on the linux side.
That machine rebooted somewhere near the beginning of the objc
testing.  To be precise, it was during this:

Running /tmp/build/gcc-svn/gcc/gcc/testsuite/objc/execute/execute.exp ...
Broadcast message from root (Sun Mar 16 03:57:50 2008):
The system is going down for reboot NOW!

So... yeah... looks like I'll have to start over (I don't know how to
resume like I can with "make all"), so it'll be a little while before
I can submit test results properly.

Thanks for the info, though.  I'll make use of it once this process
decides to complete.

* Re: MyFirstTestsuite!
@ 2008-03-20  0:08   ` NightStrike
From: NightStrike @ 2008-03-20  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: gcc-help

On 3/16/08, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
> NightStrike <nightstrike@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > So I figured out (with a lot of help from Joseph Myers) how to run the
> > testsuite using a cross compiler, ssh, and a remote 64-bit Windows
> > system.  I now have test suite results for gcc and g++ (gfortran and
> > others are still going.)
> >
> > Where do I send these results now?

> See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults for the archive, which will
> show you typical subject lines and message bodies.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ian

Ok, Ian, I gave up trying to get the entire testsuite to complete.  I
was able to run 'make check-gcc-c++' by itself and have it finish
without anyone rebooting the build machine, without any process on the
target machine spinning endlessly, without any ssh connections dying
(yes, I use 'screen' now.. hindsight is 20/20), and without any other
random unforseen circumstances that seemed to have plagued me for the
past few days.  So I got at least *something* that I could post.  Here
it is:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2008-03/msg01509.html

Thanks for your help.  Hopefully at some point in the not-too-distant
future, I might be able to finish more than just a small part of the
testsuite.