* [Fwd: questions about gcc PIC port]
@ 2008-07-10 19:16 Platone Ilia
From: Platone Ilia @ 2008-07-10 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Hallo,
I'm writing because I have written a small program targeted for the
Microchip PIC uC architecture and i haven't find any port of gcc for
PICs.
My questions are:
-Has someone started to work around this port?
-It is possible to port gcc for these chips?

I have contact gnu.org and asked them if I can try to start working for
this, and they told me to contact you before doing anything, can you
help me (I absolutely need gcc to compile my code)?

Thanks.
Ilia Platone.

[-- Attachment #2: Messaggio inoltrato - questions about gcc PIC port --]
[-- Type: message/rfc822, Size: 782 bytes --]

From: Platone Ilia <plato@uruzuki.com>
To: help-gcc@gnu.org
Subject: questions about gcc PIC port
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 21:31:58 +0200

Hallo,
I'm writing because I have written a small program targeted for the
Microchip PIC uC architecture and i haven't find any port of gcc for
PICs.
My questions are:
-Has someone started to work around this port?
-It is possible to port gcc for these chips?

I have contact gnu.org and asked them if I can try to start working for
this, and they told me to contact you before doing anything, can you
help me (I absolutely need gcc to compile my code)?

Thanks.
Ilia Platone.

* Re: [Fwd: questions about gcc PIC port]
@ 2008-07-13  8:26 ` Jason Cipriani
From: Jason Cipriani @ 2008-07-13  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Platone Ilia; +Cc: help-gcc

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 2:32 PM, Platone Ilia <plato@uruzuki.com> wrote:
> Hallo,
> I'm writing because I have written a small program targeted for the
> Microchip PIC uC architecture and i haven't find any port of gcc for
> PICs.
> My questions are:
> -Has someone started to work around this port?
> -It is possible to port gcc for these chips?
>
> I have contact gnu.org and asked them if I can try to start working for
> this, and they told me to contact you before doing anything, can you
> help me (I absolutely need gcc to compile my code)?

The vendor should already provide you with this stuff... have you
tried contacting the chips manufacturer? That would probably make more
sense.

Stuff like:
http://microcontrollershop.com/product_info.php?cPath=112_95&products_id=368&osCsid=69dd69680bb12eb86ad6a602b56a9ab1