Hatt Tom writes: > If I use dlsym() to load the address manually ,will GOT be needed any > more ? If you always use dlopen(), and the dlsym() to call methods from a .so, you don't really need to link to it directly, any more, so this is a moot point. > 2013/12/2 Nicholas Mc Guire : > > On Mon, 02 Dec 2013, Hatt Tom wrote: > > > >> And also : why cannot I dlclose a .so that I've linked my executable > >> to, in the usual fashion. > >> > >> is it because the reference count of that .so would not alwayes to be > zero ? > >> > >> It seems puzzling to me ? > >> > > how would you ensure consistency of the GOT ? > > I think the problem is that you would end up with invalid addresses in the > GOT > > as they were setup by ld based on link-time information. > > > > thx! > > hofrat > > > > -- > Best Regards!