* GNU
@ 2005-07-05 15:40 Ravi Haksar
From: Ravi Haksar @ 2005-07-05 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I tried to download your GNU compiler from your site
by going to your GNU link and then going to the
download link. I then clicked on the EXE link and
downloaded version 3.0.1. However when I installed it,
all I get is a couple of web pages on assembler,
compiler, debugger, general, linker, and utilities.I
have Windows 95. Did I download the wrong thing?
Please tell me what to do to download, install and use
your GNU C compiler.

Thanks for your time.

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

* Re: GNU
@ 2005-07-05 16:20 ` Lionel B
From: Lionel B @ 2005-07-05 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Ravi Haksar wrote:
> I tried to download your GNU compiler from your site
> by going to your GNU link and then going to the
> download link. I then clicked on the EXE link and
> downloaded version 3.0.1. However when I installed it,
> all I get is a couple of web pages on assembler,
> compiler, debugger, general, linker, and utilities.I
> have Windows 95. Did I download the wrong thing?

Yup, not sure what that was you downloaded.

> Please tell me what to do to download, install and use
> your GNU C compiler.

If you want pre-compiled binaries (which you surely do), you have basically two choices (see
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html):

1) Install Cygwin, (http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/), a Posix (Unix-like) emulation layer for Win32, which includes an
(optional) gcc package, or

2) Probably better for you if you do not need the full Unix-like environment, get the MinGW Win32 port of GCC from
http://www.mingw.org/

Follow instructions on the respective websites for download and install.

Good luck,

--
Lionel B

* Re: gnu
@ 2002-12-22  8:15 ` Andrea 'fwyzard' Bocci
From: Andrea 'fwyzard' Bocci @ 2002-12-22  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: reza afshar; +Cc: gcc-help

At 12.50 21/12/2002 -0500, reza afshar wrote:

>HI,
>CAN YOU HELP ME TO COMPILE THIS C PROGRAM WITH GCC COMPILER?
>I RUNNING WIN98 ON A PC.

I could compile it with no problems under the latest cygwin, with
openssl-devel installed.
Cygwin is a GNU environment for Windows, and comes with gcc, openssl, and
everything you would need.

>/* fileSaveAs.c
>
>Compile with:
>gcc -g -o fileSaveAs -lssl -lcrypto fileSaveAs.c
>
>*/

Here's the problem. It compiled just fine with

gcc -g -o fileSaveAs fileSaveAs.c -lssl -lcrypto

IIRC, the order of the libraries IS important.

fwyzard

* gnu
@ 2002-12-21 16:15 reza afshar
From: reza afshar @ 2002-12-21 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

HI,
CAN YOU HELP ME TO COMPILE THIS C PROGRAM WITH GCC COMPILER?
IF POSSIBLE PLEASE COMPILE THIS SOURCE AND MAIL TO ME.
I RUNNING WIN98 ON A PC.

/* fileSaveAs.c

Compile with:
gcc -g -o fileSaveAs -lssl -lcrypto fileSaveAs.c

*/

#include <stdio.h>
#include <openssl/md5.h>
#include <sys/stat.h>
#include <sys/fcntl.h>
#include <getopt.h>

#define MAX_OBJ_LEN 2000000
#define STREAM_STR "stream"
#define END_STREAM_STR "endstream"
#define OBJ_STR " obj"
#define END_OBJ_DELIM "endobj"
#define ENCRYPTION_STRING "/Encrypt"

/* I know this is ugly, but hey, I said there is much
to do!   Begin here!  */
unsigned char pObjBuf[MAX_OBJ_LEN];

#define SHUFFLEUP(YY, XX, ZZ, AA) {  \
                    YY=0;            \
                    YY=(char)*ZZ;    \
                    YY=YY << XX;     \
                    AA |= YY;        \
                    ZZ++; }

unsigned char S[256];
unsigned char K[256];

/* This is the only thing they added on top of plain RC4.  */
void superSecret
(
    unsigned char *pData,
    int nIntParam,
    MD5_CTX *pMd5Ctx
)
{
    unsigned long lTmp1,
    	lTmp2,
    	lTmp3,
    	lTmp4,
    	lTmp5,
    	lTmp6,
    	lTmp7;
    unsigned long *plPoint1;
    unsigned char *plMainPnt;

    plMainPnt=pData;
    if(0 == nIntParam)
        return;
    lTmp4=pMd5Ctx->Nl;
    lTmp7=nIntParam;
    lTmp7=lTmp7<<3;
    lTmp4+= lTmp7;
    lTmp4 &= 0xFF;
    if(lTmp4<pMd5Ctx->Nl)
    pMd5Ctx->Nh++;
    lTmp6=nIntParam;
    lTmp6=lTmp6 >> 0x1d;
    pMd5Ctx->Nh+= lTmp6;
    pMd5Ctx->Nl=lTmp4;

    if(0!= pMd5Ctx->num) {
        plPoint1=(unsigned long *)pMd5Ctx->data;
        lTmp5=pMd5Ctx->num ;
        lTmp5=lTmp5 >> 2;
        lTmp7=pMd5Ctx->num;
        lTmp7&= 3;
        lTmp1=lTmp7;
        lTmp4=pMd5Ctx->num;
        lTmp4+= nIntParam;
        if(lTmp4>= 0x40) {
            lTmp4=plPoint1[lTmp5];
            switch(lTmp1) {
                case 0:
                SHUFFLEUP(lTmp4, 0, plMainPnt, lTmp4);
                case 1:
                SHUFFLEUP(lTmp7, 8, plMainPnt, lTmp4);
                case 2:
                SHUFFLEUP(lTmp6,0x10, plMainPnt, lTmp4);
                case 3:
                SHUFFLEUP(lTmp7, 0x18, plMainPnt, lTmp4);
            }
            plPoint1[lTmp5]=lTmp4;

            lTmp5++;
            if(lTmp5 <0x10) {
                do {
                    SHUFFLEUP(lTmp4, 0, plMainPnt, lTmp4);
                    SHUFFLEUP(lTmp6, 8, plMainPnt, lTmp4);
                    SHUFFLEUP(lTmp7, 0x10, plMainPnt, lTmp4);
                    SHUFFLEUP(lTmp6, 0x18, plMainPnt, lTmp4);
                    plPoint1[lTmp5]=lTmp4;
                } while(lTmp5<10);
            }
            lTmp7=0x40-pMd5Ctx->num;
            nIntParam-= lTmp7;
            MD5_Update (pMd5Ctx, (unsigned char *)plPoint1, 0x40);
            pMd5Ctx->num;
        } else {
            pMd5Ctx->num+= nIntParam;
            if(lTmp1+nIntParam<4) {
                lTmp4=plPoint1[lTmp5];
                switch(lTmp1) {
                    case 0:
                    SHUFFLEUP(lTmp4, 0, plMainPnt, lTmp4);
                    nIntParam--;
                    if(0 == nIntParam)
                    break;
                    case 1:
                    SHUFFLEUP(lTmp7, 8, plMainPnt, lTmp4);
                    nIntParam--;
                    if(0 == nIntParam)
                    break;
                    case 2:
                    SHUFFLEUP(lTmp6, 0x10, plMainPnt, lTmp4);
                }
                plPoint1[lTmp5]=lTmp4;
                return;
            }
            lTmp7=pMd5Ctx->num;
            lTmp7=lTmp7 >> 2;
            lTmp3=lTmp7;
            lTmp2=pMd5Ctx->num & 3;
            lTmp4=((unsigned char *)plPoint1)[4*lTmp5];

            switch(lTmp1) {
                case 0:
                SHUFFLEUP(lTmp4, 0, plMainPnt, lTmp4);
                case 1:
                SHUFFLEUP(lTmp7, 8, plMainPnt, lTmp4);
                case 2:
                SHUFFLEUP(lTmp6, 0x10, plMainPnt, lTmp4);
                case 3:
                SHUFFLEUP(lTmp7, 0x18, plMainPnt, lTmp4);
            }
            plPoint1[lTmp5++]=lTmp4;
            if(lTmp5<lTmp3) {
                do {
                    SHUFFLEUP(lTmp4, 0, plMainPnt, lTmp4);
                    SHUFFLEUP(lTmp6, 8, plMainPnt, lTmp4);
                    SHUFFLEUP(lTmp7, 0x10, plMainPnt, lTmp4);
                    SHUFFLEUP(lTmp6, 0x18, plMainPnt, lTmp4);
                    plPoint1[lTmp5++]=lTmp4;
                } while(lTmp5<lTmp3);
            }
            if(0 == lTmp2)
            return;
            lTmp4=0;
            plMainPnt+= lTmp2;
            switch(lTmp2) {
                case 0:
                plMainPnt--;
                lTmp4=0;
                lTmp4=(char)*plMainPnt;
                lTmp4 << 0x10;
                case 2:
                plMainPnt--;
                lTmp6=0;
                lTmp6=(char)*plMainPnt;
                lTmp6<<8;
                lTmp4|= lTmp6;
                case 1:
                plMainPnt--;
                lTmp7=0;
                lTmp7=(char)*plMainPnt;
                lTmp4|= lTmp7;
                case 3:
                plPoint1[lTmp5]=lTmp4;
                return;
    if(0 == ((unsigned long)plMainPnt & 0x3)) {
        lTmp5=nIntParam;
        if ((lTmp5>> 6) >0) {
            lTmp5=lTmp5<<6;
            MD5_Update (pMd5Ctx, (unsigned char *)plMainPnt, lTmp5);
            plMainPnt+= lTmp5;
            nIntParam-= lTmp5;
    plPoint1=(unsigned long *)pMd5Ctx->data;
    if(nIntParam>= 0x40) {
        do {
            if(plMainPnt!= (unsigned char *)plPoint1) {
                memcpy((unsigned char *)plPoint1, plMainPnt, 0x40);
            }
            plMainPnt+= 0x40;
            MD5_Update (pMd5Ctx, (unsigned char *)pMd5Ctx->data, 0x40);
        } while(nIntParam>= 0x40);
    }
    lTmp1=nIntParam;
    pMd5Ctx->num=lTmp1;
    if(0 == lTmp1)
    return;
    lTmp5=lTmp1>>2;
    plPoint1[lTmp5]=0;
    memcpy((unsigned char *)plPoint1, plMainPnt, lTmp1);
}

/* From 'Applied Cryptography'.
Yes, they used an algorithm from a book.
I can understand: after all, it is a good algorithm.
But If I wanted to distribute some encrypted data, I wouldn't
put the algorithm _AND_ the key in the same place.  */
void CreateRc4Sbox
(
    unsigned char *pKeySeed
)
{
    int i=0;
    int j=0;
    int nRealIndex;
    unsigned char nTemp;

    for (i=0; i<256; i++)
        S[i]=i;

    for (i=0; i<256; i++)
        K[i]=pKeySeed[i%16];
    nRealIndex=0;
    for (i=0; i<256; i++) {
        j=(j + S[i] + K[nRealIndex])%256;
        nRealIndex++;
        if(nRealIndex>9)
            nRealIndex=0;
        nTemp=S[i];
        S[i]=S[j];
        S[j]=nTemp;

/* Also from the book */
int Rc4Decrypt
(
    char *pCryptoData,
    int nCryptoBufLen,
    char *pResults,
    int nResultsBufSize,
    unsigned char *SBox
)
{
    short nByte;
    int nClearPos=0,
        nBuf=0,
        nBuf2=0,
        nCount,
        nSwap,
         nLength=nCryptoBufLen,
        nAdv;
    while(0!= nLength) {
        nBuf++;
        nBuf &= 0xFF;
        nCount=SBox[nBuf];
        nBuf2 += nCount;
        nBuf2 &= 0xFF;
        nSwap=SBox[nBuf2];
        nAdv=nSwap;
        SBox[nBuf]=nSwap;
        SBox[nBuf2]=nCount;
        nCount += nAdv;
        nCount &= 0xFF;
        nByte=SBox[nCount];
        nByte ^= *pCryptoData;
        nClearPos++;
        *pResults=nByte;
        ++pCryptoData;
        ++pResults;
        nLength--;
    }
    return nClearPos;
}

/* this function calculates the key and executes the Rc4
decrypt loop.  Here I have hardcoded the salt: 'DgNab'.
It may change in other ebooks but I only have one...  */
int mainDecryptLoop
(
    unsigned char * pCryptText,
    int nCryptSize,
    unsigned char * pClearBuffer,
    int nClearBufferSize,
    int nNumObj
)
{
    unsigned char rc4Key[16],
        keyBuf[8];
    int nClearLength,
        nIdx;
    MD5_CTX md5Ctx;
    unsigned char salt[20];

    for(nIdx=0; nIdx<8; nIdx++)
        keyBuf[nIdx]=0;

    *(int*)keyBuf=nNumObj;
    strcpy(salt, "DgNab");
    MD5_Init(&md5Ctx);
    superSecret(salt, 5, &md5Ctx);
    superSecret(keyBuf, 3, &md5Ctx);
    superSecret(keyBuf+4, 2, &md5Ctx);
    MD5_Final(rc4Key, &md5Ctx);
    CreateRc4Sbox(rc4Key);
    nClearLength=Rc4Decrypt(pCryptText, nCryptSize, pClearBuffer, nClearBufferSize, S);
    return nClearLength;
}

/* the following is just some PDF parsing.
The juicy part is over, I'm afraid...  */
int removeSecurityString
(
    unsigned char *pBeginBlock,
    unsigned char *pEndBlock
)
{
    unsigned char *pTemp;
    for(
        pTemp=pBeginBlock;
        pTemp!=pEndBlock;
        pTemp++
    ) {
        if(!strncmp(pTemp, ENCRYPTION_STRING, strlen(ENCRYPTION_STRING))) {
            while(
                '\n'!=*pTemp &&
                '\r'!=*pTemp
            ) {
                *pTemp=' ';
                pTemp++;

    return 0;
}

int scanFile
(
    const int fh,
    const int ofh,
    int *pnWrote
)
{
    int numObject,
        nCryptLen,
        nClearTextLength,
        bStayThere;
    unsigned char *pStart,
        *pStartCrypted,
        *pBeginBlock,
        *pCurrent;

    for(;;) {
        bStayThere=1;
        pCurrent=pObjBuf;
        pCurrent+=strlen(OBJ_STR);
        pStart=pCurrent;

        while(bStayThere) {
            if(1>read(fh,pCurrent,1)) {
                removeSecurityString(pBeginBlock, pCurrent);
                write(ofh, pBeginBlock, pCurrent-pBeginBlock);
                return 0;
            }
            if(!strncmp(pCurrent-strlen(OBJ_STR), OBJ_STR, strlen(OBJ_STR))) {
                pCurrent++;
                write(ofh, pStart, pCurrent-pStart);
                while(*pCurrent!=' ')
                    pCurrent--;
                pCurrent--;
                while(*pCurrent!=' ')
                    pCurrent--;
                *pCurrent=0;
                numObject=atoi(pStart);
                bStayThere=0;
            }
            pCurrent++;
        }

        pCurrent=pObjBuf;
        pCurrent+=strlen(END_OBJ_DELIM);
        pBeginBlock=pCurrent;
        bStayThere=1;
        while(bStayThere) {
            if(1>read(fh,pCurrent,1)) {
                write(ofh, pBeginBlock, pCurrent-pBeginBlock);
                return 0;
            }
            if(strncmp(pCurrent-strlen(END_OBJ_DELIM), END_OBJ_DELIM, strlen(END_OBJ_DELIM))) {
                pCurrent++;
                continue;
            }
            for(pStart=pObjBuf-strlen(END_OBJ_DELIM); pStart!=pCurrent ; pStart++ ) {
                if(!bStayThere)
                    break;
                if(strncmp(pStart, STREAM_STR, strlen(STREAM_STR)))
                    continue;
                pStartCrypted=pStart+strlen(STREAM_STR)+2;
                for(pStart=pStartCrypted; pStart!=pCurrent ; pStart++) {
                    if(strncmp(pStart, END_STREAM_STR, strlen(END_STREAM_STR)))
                        continue;
                    nCryptLen=pStart-pStartCrypted-1;
                    nClearTextLength=mainDecryptLoop(pStartCrypted,nCryptLen,pStartCrypted,nCryptLen,numObject);
                    bStayThere=0;
                    break;
            write(ofh, pBeginBlock, 1+pCurrent-pBeginBlock);
            bStayThere=0;
    return 0;
}

int Usage
(
    const char *szMessage
)
{
    fprintf(stderr, "%s\n", szMessage);
    fprintf(stderr, "Usage: \n");
    fprintf(stderr, "-h      : this message\n");
    fprintf(stderr, "-i file : input file\n");
    fprintf(stderr, "-o file : output file\n");
    return 255;
}

int main
(
    int argc,
    char **argv
)
{
    int ifh,
        ofh,
        nWrote,
        nOffs;
    char *strInputFileName,
        *strOutputFileName,
        ch;
    struct stat statStruct;
    strInputFileName=NULL;
    strOutputFileName=NULL;

    while((ch=getopt(argc, argv, "hi:o:"))!= -1) {
        switch(ch) {
            case 'h':
                return Usage("Help message requested");
                break;
            case 'i':
                strInputFileName=optarg;
                break;
            case 'o':
                strOutputFileName=optarg;
                break;

    if(NULL == strInputFileName)
        return Usage("Must give input file");

    if(NULL == strOutputFileName)
        return Usage("Must give output file");

    if(stat(strInputFileName, &statStruct))
        return Usage("Error opening input file");

    ifh=open(strInputFileName, O_RDONLY);

    ofh=open(strOutputFileName, O_WRONLY|O_CREAT|O_TRUNC, 0666);

    nWrote=0;
    if(scanFile(ifh, ofh, &nWrote))
        return Usage("Problems scanning file");

    close(ifh);