* when building openmp offloading, do invocations have to have matching '--enable-languages'?
@ 2020-04-28  0:19 Shrader, David Lee
From: Shrader, David Lee @ 2020-04-28  0:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

When building an OpenMP offload-capable GCC, I understand there are two invocations of GCC's configure: one for building the offload compiler, and another for the host compiler. Is it ok to have the list given to '--enable-languages' not match between the invocations? Specifically, can additional languages be given to the host compiler invocation and they work as expected? For example, since OpenMP offload only works for c, c++, and fortran (according to the OpenMP wiki page), can the offload compiler configure invocation use '--enable-languages=c,c++,fortran' and the host compiler configure use '--enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,go,java' and the go and java compilers will work as everyone expects?

I have successfully been able to build an OpenMP-offload-capable GCC using this scheme, and the build worked fine, and my initial testing of compiling the non-offloadable languages didn't turn up any issues. But I am worried about what I haven't tested, which is quite a lot in those other languages.

Thank you so much for the help!

David

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-04-28  0:19 UTC | newest]