* GCC-4.3.0 fails to compile SPECint-2006 with control speculation on itanium processor
@ 2008-04-11 12:14 吴曦
       [not found] ` <C424BDD2.393A%eljay@adobe.com>
From: 吴曦 @ 2008-04-11 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help, gcc

Hi:

I am working on gcc-4.3.0 and Redhat ES 4. When I uses the compiler to
build specint-2006 benchmarks,
none passes the make with compiler option: -msched-control-spec
(enable control speculation on IA-64)

Here is part of the error log:

# Error 400.perlbench: Error with make!                                      #
# Error 401.bzip2: Error with make!                                          #
# Error 403.gcc: Error with make!                                            #
# Error 429.mcf: Error with make!                                            #
# Error 445.gobmk: Error with make!                                          #
# Error 456.hmmer: Error with make!                                          #
# Error 458.sjeng: Error with make!                                          #
# Error 462.libquantum: Error with make!                                     #
# Error 464.h264ref: Error with make!                                        #
# Error 471.omnetpp: Error with make!                                        #
# Error 473.astar: Error with make!                                          #
# Error 483.xalancbmk: Error with make!                                      #

So any help ? Thanks

* Fwd: GCC-4.3.0 fails to compile SPECint-2006 with control speculation on itanium processor
       [not found]   ` <f63285730804110508y7ff04903wd8fc2a23ca8244c8@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2008-04-11 12:29     ` 吴曦
       [not found]     ` <f63285730804110512m1d6b32dfg458680e13c9233ef@mail.gmail.com>
From: 吴曦 @ 2008-04-11 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, gcc-help

@ 2008-04-11 13:18       ` 吴曦
From: 吴曦 @ 2008-04-11 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, gcc-help

From: Andrey Belevantsev @ 2008-04-11 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 吴曦; +Cc: gcc-help, gcc, Maxim Kuvyrkov

吴曦 wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I am working on gcc-4.3.0 and Redhat ES 4. When I uses the compiler to
> build specint-2006 benchmarks,
> none passes the make with compiler option: -msched-control-spec
> (enable control speculation on IA-64)
Control speculation is disabled by default on IA-64, so I think one of
the scheduler patches accidentally broke it.  This can be Maxim's
rewrite of dependence lists.  We will take a look.  Meanwhile you can
try 4.2 series, they should work.

Andrey