* internals of gcc
@ 2007-05-12  1:23 ranjith kumar
From: ranjith kumar @ 2007-05-12  1:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,
1)    I know that internal passes  are
C->GENERIC->GIMPLE->RTL->ASSEMBLY.

what are the internal functions(in what files) in
which above internal representation of a program  is
passed as an argument??

Actually I wnat to write a GIMPLE code and pass it as
an argument  to that internal function.

Thanks in advance.

* Re: internals of gcc
@ 2007-05-12 19:00 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2007-05-12 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ranjith kumar; +Cc: gcc-help

ranjith kumar <ranjit_kumar_b4u@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> 1)    I know that internal passes  are
> C->GENERIC->GIMPLE->RTL->ASSEMBLY.
>
> what are the internal functions(in what files) in
> which above internal representation of a program  is
> passed as an argument??

There are lots of internal functions in lots of internal files.

GENERIC and GIMPLE both have type "tree".  RTL has type "rtx".

> Actually I wnat to write a GIMPLE code and pass it as
> an argument  to that internal function.

Which internal function?

You might find some helpful information at http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/.

Ian