* Question on accessing and using binfos
@ 2005-08-02 16:14 Primrose.Mbanefo
From: Primrose.Mbanefo @ 2005-08-02 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

I'm wondering if I can get information from here on how to use the binfo
macros.

These two macros, BINFO_BASE_BINFO and BINFO_BASE_ITERATE, are mentioned
on the onlinedocs webpage but I can't find any header file describing
them which means the compilation always fails.
Are they still current? Or should I use something else instead? (I have
gcc 3.4.1)

How should these macros be used? If class A is mother class to B with
the assosciated trees being Atree and Btree repectively, does
TYPE_BINFO(Btree) give Atree?
Or should BINFO_BASE_BINFO(TYPE_BINFO(Btree)) give Atree?
And what does BINFO_TYPE actually do? (sorry but I don't really
understand the instructions on the webpage...)

I would also like information on accessing trees from their types.
A library acting as backend to GCC gives me access to a class C's tree,
let's say Ctree.
I would like to know if C is derived from D. normally I should do,
same_type-p(Ctree, Dtree) {I guess...}
but I don't have or don't know how to get the Dtree. I just know that
the name of the class is D.
Is there a macro for retrieving the tree representing a class from its
name or any known way of doing such a thing?

Thanks for any answers.

Primrose

* Re: Question on accessing and using binfos
@ 2005-08-02 18:26 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2005-08-02 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Primrose.Mbanefo; +Cc: gcc-help

<Primrose.Mbanefo@Infineon.com> writes:

> These two macros, BINFO_BASE_BINFO and BINFO_BASE_ITERATE, are mentioned
> on the onlinedocs webpage but I can't find any header file describing
> them which means the compilation always fails.
> Are they still current? Or should I use something else instead? (I have
> gcc 3.4.1)

They are still current, but they aren't in gcc 3.4.1.  The online
developer docs always describe the version in CVS, which is currently
preparing for the 4.1 release.

To see the developer docs for 3.4.1, run "make html" and look for
gccint/index.html.

If you want to contribute any patches back to gcc, please work with
the CVS version, not with 3.4.1.

Your other questions are probably better directed to gcc@gcc.gnu.org
rather than gcc-help.  I don't know the answers off-hand.

Ian