* gcc 2.9.6 for redhat WS v3
@ 2004-09-13 15:04 Hunt Graham
From: Hunt Graham @ 2004-09-13 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'

Hi

Runnning redhat WS version 3 with GCC version 3.2.3
$ gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.3/specs
Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man
--infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix
--disable-checking --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit
--host=i386-redhat-linux
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-20)

Would like to download/install GCC 2.9.6 for users.

Where to download and how to install?

Best Regards,

Graham

This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient
and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please
delete it from your system and notify Thales Underwater Systems on +44 1963
370 551. You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or

* Re: gcc 2.9.6 for redhat WS v3
@ 2004-09-13 17:21 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2004-09-13 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hunt Graham; +Cc: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'

Hunt Graham <graham.hunt@uk.thalesgroup.com> writes:

> This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient
> and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please
> delete it from your system and notify Thales Underwater Systems on +44 1963
> 370 551. You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or

Please do not send e-mail with this sort of confidentiality claim to
the gcc mailing lists.  See
    http://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html
(under Policies).  We have already unintentionally violated your
confidentiality agreement, as your e-mail message has been copied onto
the gcc.gnu.org web site.

Please do not impose this type of legal liability on a volunteer
organization.  Thanks.

Ian

* RE: gcc 2.9.6 for redhat WS v3
@ 2004-09-13 16:26 lrtaylor
From: lrtaylor @ 2004-09-13 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: graham.hunt, gcc-help

GCC 2.96 is not an official release of GCC.  Rather, it's more of a
RedHat release, so you'd probably have to get it from RedHat.  That
said, though, why would you want to do that rather than use the GCC that
comes with RHEL?  It's much more up to date and ANSI compliant.

Thanks,
Lyle