* redundant error output
@ 2009-03-06 14:37 John Boncek
From: John Boncek @ 2009-03-06 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

The second line in the error output below seems quite redundant (the first
line already says essentially the same thing).  Is there a way to suppress
or omit it?

Cal/FieldCal/CalResultFiles.cpp(53): error: `_tcscpy_s' undeclared (first
use this function)
Cal/FieldCal/CalResultFiles.cpp(53): error: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once for each function it appears in.)

This adds unnecessary bloat to the output of a big compile when there are a
number of undefined symbols.

Thanks for your attention.

John Boncek

* Re: redundant error output
@ 2009-03-06 15:31 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2009-03-06 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

John Boncek <jboncek@Hunter.COM> writes:

> The second line in the error output below seems quite redundant (the first
> line already says essentially the same thing).  Is there a way to suppress
> or omit it?
>
> Cal/FieldCal/CalResultFiles.cpp(53): error: `_tcscpy_s' undeclared (first
> use this function)
> Cal/FieldCal/CalResultFiles.cpp(53): error: (Each undeclared identifier is
> reported only once for each function it appears in.)
>
> This adds unnecessary bloat to the output of a big compile when there are a
> number of undefined symbols.

There is no gcc option to disable this helpful note (which only appears
once per invocation of gcc).  One approach I've seen people use is to
use a little shell script to run gcc and pass the stderr output through
a sed script to eliminate that error line.

Ian