* V_MUST_DEF vs V_MAY_DEF ?
@ 2008-03-29  4:16 QiangHuang
From: QiangHuang @ 2008-03-29  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

    "V_MUST_DEF" and "V_MAY_DEF" , The two tags appear in the IL of
SSA in GCC.I know they have something to do with the virtual
operand,however,I wonder that what the exact distinction between them
is.

    Corresponding to the 2 tags, is there  "V_MUST_USE" or "V_MAY_USE"?

    Thanks a lot~^_^

* Re: V_MUST_DEF vs V_MAY_DEF ?
@ 2008-03-29  6:15 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2008-03-29  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: QiangHuang; +Cc: gcc-help

QiangHuang <qianghuang87@gmail.com> writes:

>     "V_MUST_DEF" and "V_MAY_DEF" , The two tags appear in the IL of
> SSA in GCC.I know they have something to do with the virtual
> operand,however,I wonder that what the exact distinction between them
> is.

See doc/tree-ssa.texi.  But note that in gcc 4.3 the distinction was
removed.  Now there is only one kind of def.

>     Corresponding to the 2 tags, is there  "V_MUST_USE" or "V_MAY_USE"?

No.

Ian