* Automake
@ 2008-09-03  9:25 Lalit Seth
From: Lalit Seth @ 2008-09-03  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC HELP

Hi,

I am trying to learn Autoconf and Automake tools. There are few queries I have

a) When compile happens it always have -g and -O2 option. How can I ignore them.
b) How can I do Debug and Release build here I need to call set -g and -O2 accordingly.
c) How can I specify output directories for debug - MyDebug/ and for release - MyRelease. ie -o option of g++ should say g++ -o MyDebug/myapplication 1.o.

Lalit
Searching for weekend getaways? Try Live.com
http://www.live.com/?scope=video&form=MICOAL

* Re: Automake
@ 2008-09-03 14:24 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2008-09-03 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lalit Seth; +Cc: GCC HELP

Lalit Seth <laalit_seth@hotmail.com> writes:

> I am trying to learn Autoconf and Automake tools. There are few queries I have
>
> a) When compile happens it always have -g and -O2 option. How can I ignore them.
> b) How can I do Debug and Release build here I need to call set -g and -O2 accordingly.
> c) How can I specify output directories for debug - MyDebug/ and for release - MyRelease. ie -o option of g++ should say g++ -o MyDebug/myapplication 1.o.

Your questions aren't really related to gcc itself.  I recommend
raising these issues on the automake mailing list, which is
automake@gnu.org.

Ian