* Summer of Code status
@ 2008-02-12 16:53 NightStrike
From: NightStrike @ 2008-02-12 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

On this page:

http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/SummerOfCode

There is a table of accepted projects.  This is the last one:

Project: GCC support for Windows-compatible Structured Exception
Handling (SEH) on the i386 platform
Student: Michele Cicciotti
Mentor: Ian Lance Taylor

Any idea what the status is on this?  I also found this page:

http://wiki.winehq.org/CompilerExceptionSupport

With this information:

Windows uses its own exception handling mechanism known as Structured
Exception Handling (SEH). A great overview of this mechanism can be
found here.
Unfortunately, GCC does not support SEH yet. Casper Hornstrup had
created an initial implementation, but it was never merged into
mainline GCC.

Any idea on where Casper's implementation is, or where any information
at all can be found on this topic of SEH+GCC?

* Re: Summer of Code status
@ 2008-02-12 23:02 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2008-02-12 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NightStrike; +Cc: gcc-help

NightStrike <nightstrike@gmail.com> writes:

> On this page:
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/SummerOfCode
>
> There is a table of accepted projects.  This is the last one:
>
> Project: GCC support for Windows-compatible Structured Exception
> Handling (SEH) on the i386 platform
> Student: Michele Cicciotti
> Mentor: Ian Lance Taylor
>

> Any idea what the status is on this?

Unfortunately the work was not completed.

Ian

* Re: Summer of Code status
@ 2008-02-13  5:02   ` NightStrike
From: NightStrike @ 2008-02-13  5:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: gcc-help

On 12 Feb 2008 15:01:55 -0800, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
> NightStrike <nightstrike@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On this page:
> >
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/SummerOfCode
> >
> > There is a table of accepted projects.  This is the last one:
> >
> > Project: GCC support for Windows-compatible Structured Exception
> > Handling (SEH) on the i386 platform
> > Student: Michele Cicciotti
> > Mentor: Ian Lance Taylor
> >

> > Any idea what the status is on this?
>
> Unfortunately the work was not completed.

Was it started?  Is there any way for someone to pick up the reins and continue?

* Re: Summer of Code status
@ 2008-02-13  5:36     ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2008-02-13  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NightStrike; +Cc: gcc-help

NightStrike <nightstrike@gmail.com> writes:

> > > Project: GCC support for Windows-compatible Structured Exception
> > > Handling (SEH) on the i386 platform
> > > Student: Michele Cicciotti
> > > Mentor: Ian Lance Taylor
> > >

> > > Any idea what the status is on this?
> >
> > Unfortunately the work was not completed.
>
> Was it started?  Is there any way for someone to pick up the reins and continue?

Not in any useful way, unfortunately.

Ian