* Error in GCC build
@ 2007-02-25 12:19 Noorez Kassam
From: Noorez Kassam @ 2007-02-25 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I was attempting to build the gcc library using the instructions found
on http://gcc.gnu.org. However I received the following error:
 gcc: gengtype-lex.c: No such file or directory
 gcc: no input files
 make[3]: *** [build/gengtype-lex.o] Error 1
 make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/noorez/Desktop/objdir/gcc'
 make[2]: *** [all-stage1-gcc] Error 2
 make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/noorez/Desktop/objdir'
 make[1]: *** [stage1-bubble] Error 2
 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/noorez/Desktop/objdir'
 make: *** [all] Error 2

 I obtained the files using the svn command svn -q checkout
svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk gcc. Am I still missing some files
then?

--
Noorez

* Re: Error in GCC build
@ 2007-02-27  6:06 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2007-02-27  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Noorez Kassam; +Cc: gcc-help

"Noorez Kassam" <noorez.kassam@gmail.com> writes:

> I was attempting to build the gcc library using the instructions found
> on http://gcc.gnu.org. However I received the following error:
>  gcc: gengtype-lex.c: No such file or directory
>  gcc: no input files
>  make[3]: *** [build/gengtype-lex.o] Error 1
>  make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/noorez/Desktop/objdir/gcc'
>  make[2]: *** [all-stage1-gcc] Error 2
>  make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/noorez/Desktop/objdir'
>  make[1]: *** [stage1-bubble] Error 2
>  make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/noorez/Desktop/objdir'
>  make: *** [all] Error 2
>
>  I obtained the files using the svn command svn -q checkout
> svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk gcc. Am I still missing some files
> then?

When using an SVN checkout (not a release), gengtype-lex.c is
generated from gengtype-lex.l.

Perhaps you don't have lex or flex installed on your system.

If you need more help, please provide more context in the error
message, please indicate which type of system you are using, and
please say precisely how you ran configure and make (and please reply
to the mailing list, not to me).  Thanks.

Ian