* How to let GCC know of new targets?
       [not found] <1232495570.28769.ezmlm@gcc.gnu.org>
@ 2009-01-20 23:58 ` Navid Toosizadeh
From: Navid Toosizadeh @ 2009-01-20 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Greetings,

I have a backend for my target processor (=dlx), all files (dlx.md, ...) are there. I already made a directory in src_gcc/gcc/config/dlx and put the machine description and other files there. I just want to know what is the proper way to add this backend to gcc so that gcc becomes aware of this new target and we can configure and make for the target?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards
Navid

* Re: How to let GCC know of new targets?
@ 2009-01-21  1:45   ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2009-01-21  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Navid Toosizadeh; +Cc: gcc-help

Navid Toosizadeh <navid_toosizadeh@yahoo.com> writes:

> I have a backend for my target processor (=dlx), all files (dlx.md,
> ...) are there. I already made a directory in src_gcc/gcc/config/dlx
> and put the machine description and other files there. I just want
> to know what is the proper way to add this backend to gcc so that
> gcc becomes aware of this new target and we can configure and make
> for the target?

Edit the top level config.sub file to recognize your CPU.

Edit gcc/config.gcc for your new target.

With luck you won't need to do anything else.

Ian