* Migrating from gcc-3.3 to gcc-4.2
@ 2008-08-14  5:09 Sivaprasad.pv
From: Sivaprasad.pv @ 2008-08-14  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi All,

I want to upgrade our gcc cross compiler from gcc-3.3 to gcc-4.2.
I have made direct attempt but I got following error messages .

 error: attempt to use poisoned "TARGET_SWITCHES"
 error: attempt to use poisoned "DEFAULT_SHORT_ENUMS"
 error: attempt to use poisoned "SMALL_STACK"
 error: attempt to use poisoned "FUNCTION_ARG_PASS_BY_REFERENCE"
 error: attempt to use poisoned "MUST_PASS_IN_STACK"
 error: attempt to use poisoned "FUNCTION_ARG_PARTIAL_NREGS"
 error: attempt to use poisoned "EXPAND_BUILTIN_VA_ARG"
 error: attempt to use poisoned "TARGET_MEM_FUNCTIONS"
 error: attempt to use poisoned "CONST_COSTS"
 error: attempt to use poisoned "RTX_COSTS"
 error: attempt to use poisoned "ADDRESS_COST"
 error: attempt to use poisoned "PROMOTE_PROTOTYPES"
 error: attempt to use poisoned "INIT_TARGET_OPTABS"

I think all these macro's are deprecated in gcc-4.2.
Can any body suggest me how to find an  equivalent macro's in gcc.4.2.
Is there any specific documents available to upgrade from gcc-3.3 to
gcc-4.2 ?

Thanks,
 Siva

* Re: Migrating from gcc-3.3 to gcc-4.2
@ 2008-08-14  6:38 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2008-08-14  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sivaprasad.pv; +Cc: gcc

"Sivaprasad.pv" <sivaprasad.pv@redpinesignals.com> writes:

> I want to upgrade our gcc cross compiler from gcc-3.3 to gcc-4.2.
> I have made direct attempt but I got following error messages .
>
> error: attempt to use poisoned "TARGET_SWITCHES"
> error: attempt to use poisoned "DEFAULT_SHORT_ENUMS"
> error: attempt to use poisoned "SMALL_STACK"
> error: attempt to use poisoned "FUNCTION_ARG_PASS_BY_REFERENCE"
> error: attempt to use poisoned "MUST_PASS_IN_STACK"
> error: attempt to use poisoned "FUNCTION_ARG_PARTIAL_NREGS"
> error: attempt to use poisoned "EXPAND_BUILTIN_VA_ARG"
> error: attempt to use poisoned "TARGET_MEM_FUNCTIONS"
> error: attempt to use poisoned "CONST_COSTS"
> error: attempt to use poisoned "RTX_COSTS"
> error: attempt to use poisoned "ADDRESS_COST"
> error: attempt to use poisoned "PROMOTE_PROTOTYPES"
> error: attempt to use poisoned "INIT_TARGET_OPTABS"
>
> I think all these macro's are deprecated in gcc-4.2.
> Can any body suggest me how to find an  equivalent macro's in gcc.4.2.
> Is there any specific documents available to upgrade from gcc-3.3 to
> gcc-4.2 ?

There is no specific document.  Read the gcc 4.2 internals manual.
Most of the ones you mention have changed from target macros to target
hooks.

Ian